Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is some good scent control clothing out there that won't break the bank? I've been seeing this new Xscent liner suit thing at Bass Pro but not sure if it works. I've been looking at some stuff in Cabela's too. Just want to see what is all out there. I dont want to get into too expensive of stuff.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I use scent lok.

If you don't mind a minor flaw, there is ebay that sells new items for much lower pricing, but they are irregular and he states that, plus says he is a factory outlet for scent lok.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I don't buy into the whole activated carbon craze.....but I recently bought some medalist base layer clothing with some type of antimicrobial liner....picked them up at dicks for 9.99 on sale for the bottoms. For that price...I'll give em a shot.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Geeeeeeeez..

Um.. here's a simple test. Find a friend who smokes. Have your suit jacket, have him blow smoke into it (be fair and dont blow THROUGH the material)with your nose on the other side. Then tell me your opinion. Some "may" not get rid of the entire smokey smell, but it is signficantly reduced if not totally unnoticeable.

Granted, I'm not dimwitted enough to totally think that every smell over the entire surface will be caught by a scent lok suit, and I surely can't tell what a deer can smell or not smell, but ANY small amount helps eh? Cost and "waste of money" is dependant on how the individual deems that.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts