Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far do you take your sent control???? I was talking with a couple of friends yesterday and one was saying that come the first of September he no longer uses normal soap, shampoo, deoderant or laundry soap. He uses no scent soap and shampoo every shower and washes his everyday clothes with no scent soap until his hunting season is over.I try and wash my clothes every time or at least every other time out to insure that my clothes stay as scent free as possible and I spray down everything before I go in and at least one time during the hunt depending on how long the hunt is.

Does his was do anything more than mine does for scent control? Does showering with my normal soap and shampoo stay in your skin and affect your scent control methods?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well i dont go as far as him. I can only hunt sat and sun so i use normal soap till thursday the switch to no scent soap n deoterent wash only my hunting clothes in no scent along with my towel i will use and my uderwhere and the clothes i will have on from my house to my hunting spot. ( i change into my gear at my spot) spray my rubber boots n go its been real good for me as far as i can tell the deer have never realy winded me that i have seen. Opening day i had 13 deer all down wind of me at 10-20 yrds and none of them spooked

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds like your talking about me... My girlfriend and i try to eliminate all fragrances this time of year as well. From getting rid of the normal shampoos body washes and perfumes and replaceing them with scent free everything. Scent free laundry detergent and dryer sheets and even go as far as watching our diets to stay away from strong smelling spices and foods

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I usually start my scentless showers 2 weeks prior to season, and scent free detergent in my everyday clothes during the season. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. Pretty sure it doesn't hurt though.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Not as far as I used to. I will shower in scentless soap and wash my hunting clothes but i dont do that prior to the season. I think we can go overboard with this stuff when the deer will still smell you if the wind is wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts