Archery Talk Forum banner

Scent control issue- Dried paint.

293 3
So, as the title states, I'm having paint issues. I am painting a house on the side for spare cash. After I'm done for the day, I really try to scrub my hands, but to little avail. For instance right now I have a lot of white, KILS primer on my hands. I can put my hands to my nose, and I can't smell it, but you think it will be noticed by deer? I wash with scent free soap and wear gloves with scent cover on them and my hands as well. I was just wondering if you guys think deer will still spook from this? Thanks for any input.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
gloves?

what about wearing long rubber gloves, perhaps with canvas or leather over them ? That KILZ is some of the nastiest stuff around - scent lingers and after painting in that environment you might not even smell it yourself-but everyone else will.

· Registered
1,234 Posts
But the question would be, what will the deer smell? And will it say "predator" to them? And as always, you have to hunt the wind! JMHO. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.