Archery Talk Forum banner

Scent Eliminator and Fresh Earth scents...

1572 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Double S
I was thinking last night as I was getting my clothes ready for season...Does it make sense to wash clothes in scent killing detergent, dry them outside, then throw them in a tote with a fresh earth wafer, just to spray them down with Silver XP again before I hunt? I mean it is like: kill scent, kill scent, add scent, kill scent. Is the wafer really needed? Do you all think it makes a difference?

What are your techniques?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,999 Posts
you got me...but i pretty much do the exact same thing (except my scentkiller is dirt flavored) and i had a doe within 14yrds directly downwind sat.night and she had no idea i was there - so it may not make sense, but id have to say it works

· Registered
7,438 Posts
I use the fresh earth wafers for cover scent( store my clothes in a tote with waffers), I dont spray down with scent killer. I've been with in 10 yds of both elk and deer when I reaked of sweat so....

· Broke and Happy
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you got me...but i pretty much do the exact same thing (except my scentkiller is dirt flavored) and i had a doe within 14yrds directly downwind sat.night and she had no idea i was there - so it may not make sense, but id have to say it works
I use the fresh earth wafers for cover scent( store my clothes in a tote with waffers), I dont spray down with scent killer. I've been with in 10 yds of both elk and deer when I reaked of sweat so....

I have been doing this for the last few years and I have had deer close, just never really thought about it until last night, I guess the worst that could happen is that I have a light earth scent to me, shouldn't effect anything....HOPE NOT!

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Get the Silver XP with the Earth scent, no need for the wafers. To me the wafers smell to much like chemicals than real dirt. The Silver XP Earth smells more like real dirt to me.

· Registered
712 Posts
This depends, If you have scent eliminating clothing like scent blocker or another carbon activiated type garment then you do not want to store you're clothes with a scent waffer or fresh earth scent or anything like. With the carbon activited hunting clothes when you add the scent waffer you are filling up the carbon pores in the garment that would soak up your human scent with the scent that you store your clothes with and it will not block your human scent. With the carbon activated clothes you want to keep them scent free. If your hunting clothes are not carbon activated clothes then you should also try to keep them scent free as well. If it gives you more confidence then put a scent waffer in with your non-carbon clothes.

Just my 2 cents keep doing with works for you and gives you the most confidence.

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
I use hunter's Specialties Products and love them. After i wash my Non Carbon clothing with the supplied scent-a-Way wash and dry them. I place them all in a old Ice box that i only use for Hunting clothing. My Favorite product to use is the "Dirt" Masking scant wafer. I throw one of those in there with my washed clothing as well as my boots. I don't open it up until I'm ready to head out the door to Hunt. I carry the scent away neutralizer spray once I'm out in the field and I've been sweating a lot. I take a break a spray myself down with the neutralizer. I also carry a "Dirt" Masking spray that i spray from the knee's down. Works like a charm!.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.