Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have solid information on quality brands for scent free boots?

I hunt in Texas, so I do not need insulation.

Thanks, Blblaw

·
Registered
272 Posts
If your not around a bunch of cactus then I highly recommend the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sport. If you around cactus, then I would stick with snakeboots of some sort and keep them clean and sprayed down. I hunt in my ABS in east TX and they work great but in Llano and south TX I wear my snake boots. The deer in east TX seem a lot more skiddish to wear I walk with the snake boots but the hill country deer could care less. I have worn my ABS in Llano but I ended up pulling a lot of cactus thorns out of them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A PAIR OF THE ROCKY RUBBER BOOTS,HATE EM, THERE LIKE HAVING BRICKS STRAPPED TO YOUR FEET :mg:

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sport, on sale now at Bass Pro Shops 50% off, only $44.70, just bought 2 pairs. Only available in size 8,9,10,11 and they run one size small. I wear a 9 shoe and bought size 10 boots and they fit perfect, very comfortable feels better than a sneaker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hunt San Angelo and wear the Redhead camo snakes..I waterproof and snake proof and have had deer cross my reail within minutes of me and they seemed to pay it no mind

·
Registered
663 Posts
Shortbow said:
If your not around a bunch of cactus then I highly recommend the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sport. If you around cactus, then I would stick with snakeboots of some sort and keep them clean and sprayed down. I hunt in my ABS in east TX and they work great but in Llano and south TX I wear my snake boots. The deer in east TX seem a lot more skiddish to wear I walk with the snake boots but the hill country deer could care less. I have worn my ABS in Llano but I ended up pulling a lot of cactus thorns out of them.
Exactly and precisely what he said. ABS is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts