Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, could any scent-loc users tell me does it really work? I'am going to get the savanna bids shirt and jacket gloves and mask. Also do I have to wear a layer on the skin for it to work. Could anyone give me some scent control tips and how far do you go to the extremes on scent control? Did you see any difference. thanks Whackmaster

·
Banned
1,066 Posts
No im not kidding, go get some then put some gas on your hands then take some of this stuff and rub it around and see if it doesnt take the smell off. I'm telling ya this stuff works great, I made a dusting bag and pat myself down then get dressed and pat my clothes down and all my equeipment and im ready to go. My buddy and I used it for the first time last year and I had several deer down wind of me that never smelled me and he had a 175 walk under his stand and his feet were only 6 ft off the ground and he never knew he was there.....and yes he killed him.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
do a search

You are better off buying x-scent or x-static, with silver thread. and then use all the precaution, like clean clothes, scent spray, dressing in the field, rubber boots, these things are much more important

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I agree with the x-static/x-scent clothing. Works great.

·
Registered
215 Posts
hunt the wind

I agree hunt the wind but also keep clothes in scent free tubs, get dressed in the field and spray down alot in the stand several times.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
First I shave my head and all extra body hair (come on guys keep your heads out of the gutter.)Shower with a scent killing soap. try to stay away from soap with added scent (fresh earth) Use a washcloth/ towel that has been washed in scent killing detergent. drive to hunting grounds as lightly dressed as possible. And get dresssed at hunting spot. spray down with scent killer. I like to spray my hat and collar to the point its dripping. If you need gas for your car get the day before!!(I had to add that, I just watched Fred Eichler fill up his deisel in his camo pants on Eastons bowhunting)Good call on the bibs they help seal off a major leak, the plumbers crack. If you do all this you WILL fool 99% of the deer noses. I'll be honest I do forget the wind and just hunt! I'm 10 times more likely to be seen then scented. Good luck I hope this helps. I could go on with many examples, but it would take way to much space. One more thing DO NOT WASH THEM in a wash machine.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If youve been on AT a while youve come to know that asking questions like this tends to get alot of bashing on scent products..be careful..i have scent blocker and like it so theres my .02

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep
Lots of opinions on this subject. Heres mine. For years I used nothing other than scent killer type soap and spray and I saw alot of deer. I started using "Contain clothing" when it came out and it seemed to work well. I bought some scentlok a fews years ago and I think it works great. I base my opinion on experience using the product extensively in the harsh environment of the deep South. I bet most of the negative comments will come from folks that have no experience using the product. Science has proved that it works. Yea I've read the article that was posted written by a guy with a limited chemistry background. Hes' wrong about alot of things. I also use exstatic socks, they work great as well. Even the military uses them now. I bought a couple of exstatic shirts. Havent used them enough yet to form an opinion. I believe scent lok can give one just the edge you might need on a given occaision. Do you need it to take a deer, heck no. I figure I'm going to wear camo in the woods, might as well be scentlok or scentshield and or exstatic or a combination thereof. Yea its exspensive, but I'm worth it ! I get dressed outside my truck before I walk in. As well as follow the cleanliness routine most of ya'll do and most important ! Try and hunt the wind whenever possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts