Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all you guys that use scent wafers, I have read that some people put them in bow cases, rubbermaid tubs with their clothing...how long do you leave the scent wafers in the case or tub before putting into its container to revive itself? thanks

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
They last a long time without having to be "recharged". I throw 2 in my bow case and they'll pretty much last all season. If I open my bowcase and don't smell 'em then I'll swap 'em with fresh ones. I don't store any with my hunting clothes because I don't want my carbon clothes to adsorb them but I do pin one to my hat everytime I go.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
1 week with my clothes and 3-5 days in the bow case. My bow case still has the smell from last year.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i use the "previous seasons" discs that go into containers, bowcases, etc.

i usually have quite a few here and there. they add up quickly.

camoham

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
I bought 2 packs before this year. I put two in the plastic tub with my hunting clothes and every time i go hunting i put one on my hat. Like cornfed said they last a long time before recharging.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have one on a hat I wear, in the bag with my clothes, and my backpack. I never thought about placing some in my bow case. I'll do that tonight! I replace them whenever I can't smell them. I sometimes put one in my jeep because I like the smell.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I usually use them for about 1 to 2 days on stand then they get tossed into the rubbermaid boxes at the end of the season i throw all the old ones out a toss a few brand new ones into the box.

·
Registered
777 Posts
They work great. I started using them last year and I didn't get busted by any deer. That's the first time that happened. I use the fresh earth scent.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
They are a great little item, as everyone has said they last a long time and give off great scent. I use earth with my clothes, in my bow case, in my truck and my day pack. Wouldn't go without them.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
i haven't

changed mine out since last year and its still going strong as of this past weekend. not sure what everyone else uses buti but the earth scent in it.

rodney,

from what i've been told and understood (while i worked in plastics for a few year we made items with scent in the plastic also), it is because the scent is made into the product case, so when you put the old waffer in it the scent just goes back into the plactic of the waffer kind of like osmosis. thus"recharging" it.

speed

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
do they have earth scent cologne? just joking, i love it, my wife hates it
I should accidentally leave one under the seat in our truck, would make for an interesting conversation

·
Registered
36,021 Posts
speedcam said:
changed mine out since last year and its still going strong as of this past weekend. not sure what everyone else uses buti but the earth scent in it.

rodney,

from what i've been told and understood (while i worked in plastics for a few year we made items with scent in the plastic also), it is because the scent is made into the product case, so when you put the old waffer in it the scent just goes back into the plactic of the waffer kind of like osmosis. thus"recharging" it.

speed
The little containers dont smell as strong as the actual disk, but I get it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
zmax hunter said:
do they have earth scent cologne? just joking, i love it, my wife hates it
I should accidentally leave one under the seat in our truck, would make for an interesting conversation
I have them in the back seat of my truck, I love the smell. I have the same problem, wife hates the smell. She doesn't drive my truck usually though.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
rodney,

your right the little case doesn't smell as strong but you also got to remember there are other waffers in there to. those plus the case will add together and "soak" into the old waffer.

speed

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Gottem in my truck as well. I store them in my clothes box as well as my bow case. Which reminds me to get a couple of fresh containers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts