Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody has experience shooting Scepter III with straight limbs? What is the difference in feel and forgiveness in comparison with Elite limbs?
Could this setup be used for FITA / target shooting?

thanks in advance

:)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Yes, there are several archers here on the forum shooting the Scepter3 with 16" straight limbs. The axle to axle is about 41 1/2 with great speed . The Scepter 3 is a very accurate riser, capable of the speed of a 3-D rig with the tack driving ability of a good indoor/outdoor FITA bow. The straight limbs are a little less expensive than the Elites but they have the same great carbon dipped finish. EPLC is one Martin shooter here on this board shooting a Scepter 3 Fury X with straight limbs. He swears it is best shooting bow ever.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I shoot a scepter III traight limbs. I got it in May. Though I can not compare it to Elite becuase I have not tried it. But I am more consistant than I have ever been and have been shooting my best scores. It is a Great FITA bow. I placed 10th at NAA nationals, and had some good scores right up there with the top people at some distances. I also believe I ended up ranked 10th in the country for FITA. With the exception of NAA nationals and world trials (windy at trials) I don't think have never shot below a 170 on an 18 arrow match, nor below a 114 12 arrow match. I even lost a closest to center shoot off at gold cup shooting a 118 12 arrow match. Highest match of the tournament. That was with my bow being not even a week old. Got it tuesday and shot it that weekend at gold cup.

It's also great for NFAA field. I am in the high 540's to 552 right now. I shoot a 276 or 277 half nearly every time out. With the exception of shooting the wrong target , last week was the first week I went below a 544 I think. Still have not been below 540. In another month I will test it out indoors. Though when I first got my bow I shot some great rounds. EPLC saw me. I shot a couple 299 17+ x's Vegas with my navigators within my first 2 days of getting the bow. One night I also shot a 600 40 something x's with navigators.

So the secret is out!!!!!!!! Straight limbs are just as good if not better than elite!!!!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
You guys are right, Straight limbs are very accurate. It is only an assumption that the recurve limbs are the most accurate. Sure, they are longer, they create more brace height, and they are technically more forgiving, but you have to be a longer draw shooter to take advantage of that forgiveness.

For the record, straight limbs shoot great. Technically speaking, they are no less accurate than recurve limbs. The advantage to them is that they are faster. :)

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
? for Griv

Griv, I had my old PSE at 30" with soft cams and it worked good. I got an 02 Pro-tec, 3000 limbs last year also at 30" and it was a bit short. We lengthened the draw a hair under 1/2" with the string/cable twists. ATA went from 40&5/8" to 41" My ? is this. I am going to get a new target bow when they come out and I have decided on a Sceptor with dual cams. Which draw length should I order?:confused: I shoot fingers, so I will for shure go with the Elite limbs. Thanks

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Get whatever bow that you have that fits perfectly, and then measure the AMO draw. You can measure to the deepest part of the grip and add 1¾". You can order your new Martin in that length and it will fit. Based on grip differences you may have to tweak it a bit, but in most cases it will fit.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The current fury cams can be adjusted to half draws by tweaking the string length. For target archery, I would order it long and twist it down.

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,412 Posts
JDES900X said:
Yes, there are several archers here on the forum shooting the Scepter3 with 16" straight limbs. The axle to axle is about 41 1/2 with great speed . The Scepter 3 is a very accurate riser, capable of the speed of a 3-D rig with the tack driving ability of a good indoor/outdoor FITA bow. The straight limbs are a little less expensive than the Elites but they have the same great carbon dipped finish. EPLC is one Martin shooter here on this board shooting a Scepter 3 Fury X with straight limbs. He swears it is best shooting bow ever.
That's right Jim. My Scepter 3 with the straight limbs is without a doubt the best, most forgiving bow I have ever owned. I like the straight limbs so much I bought a set for my Cougar 2002 and it hasn't shot better. My draw is just a tad under 28" AMO so the string angle is just right.

I have several sets of Elite limbs that I could try to see if there is a difference, but I'm so happy with the current setups that I'm not even tempted (and by now you must all know that I love to mess with my stuff).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:) Jim, Brad, GRIV, EPLC:)

thank you all for comments,

it helped a lot to make a decision.

As internet sales of Scepter is limited, what would be your advice to get it to Europe?
:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Question for a change

Hy
i have a scepter 3 with elite limbs and i want to
change with straight limbs , for aving a more speed bow ( i shoot field archery ) and a litle less eavy.

my set up is scepter 3 28.5 draw lenght
fury cam number 0
at 57 #

if i change for a straight limbs it s necessary to change the cam?, what is the new longuer of string and cable ????
It s a real benefict to change the limbs???

Thanks for your response
Best regards
SDA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts