Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about a Scepter V and have some questions.

-Is the draw weight range 10 or 15lbs? Example, can a bow rated for 60lbs comfortably go down to 45lbs?
-With Martin loosing their facility to fire I have concerns about product parts support and resale value.
I am also looking at the Darton target bows.

Any advice?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Sceptre V Pro is one of the best bows Martin ever made...yes it is a 15 pound DW range...it will go from 60 -45 and still shoot well,I have taen mine down further, ut I knew what I was doing, and did it carefully The Sceptre was one of the last single limb systems that Martin made, and replacement parts (limbs) can be obtained from Dave Barnesdale...be sure of what cam is on the bow...all the literature claims draw lengths of 27-31, however, they do it with 2 different cams...the 3S cams range from 27-28.5" and the 3L cams went rom 27.5-31...not a problem if youre a 28" draw, but something to consider. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I have a Scepter V. It's black with black and green string and cables.

I have 60 pound limbs for it but I currently have a set of 50 Shadowcat limbs on it because I wanted to drop poundage after having shoulder problems.

If you're interested in buying it I can send photos and we can talk price....make you a heck of a deal.

·
2,355 Posts
Actually the large cams can cover up to 32.5" drawlength, it was the only bow from Martin the could fit my draw, at least with the Nitro Cams on it.
In case of Nitro cams the numbers are for the 1.5: 26.5" - 30" and for the 2.0: 29" - 32.5"

Great bow, always shot and felt great. Loads of mounting positions for all the stuff you can think about.

·
2,355 Posts
IMO they use a slight modified version of the Nitro Cam giving slight different DL.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Actually the large cams can cover up to 32.5" drawlength, it was the only bow from Martin the could fit my draw, at least with the Nitro Cams on it.
In case of Nitro cams the numbers are for the 1.5: 26.5" - 30" and for the 2.0: 29" - 32.5"

Great bow, always shot and felt great. Loads of mounting positions for all the stuff you can think about.
Yes...but the later Sceptres used nitro 3S and 3L cams which sucked the draw lengths inward...the S cams would only go down to 27" and the L cams only went to 30"

·
2,355 Posts
Yes...but the later Sceptres used nitro 3S and 3L cams which sucked the draw lengths inward...the S cams would only go down to 27" and the L cams only went to 30"
That is ... horrible!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts