Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with them. Looking for an insulated cold weather boot that I can put some miles on then become non active for a period.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I had a pair of them. They were a solid boot design but the shape/fit didn't fit my foot. I put about 10 miles on them just walking this summer and I got blisters bad. I am not a guy that gets blisters. I put a few miles on them got the blisters let them heal and then the first time I wore them again I got blisters again right away.

Returned them and picked up some Kennetrek. They are a good boot if they fit your feet.

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
Crispi boots are my favorite. Comfortable out of the box and holding up really good

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use them for Elk out west. Mine took about good 10-15 miles to get broke in. Higher quality boot compared to my Danner & Irish Setters.
Only used Crispi non-insulated version, unsure how insulated versions perform. Keep in mind, Crispi runs a little more stiff than others for packing loads and uneven terrain and long days on your feet.

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
I use them for Elk out west. Mine took about good 10-15 miles to get broke in. Higher quality boot compared to my Danner & Irish Setters.
Only used Crispi non-insulated version, unsure how insulated versions perform. Keep in mind, Crispi runs a little more stiff than others for packing loads and uneven terrain and long days on your feet.
Not all are stiff, there are flex ratings on their website. They go from really stiff like kenetrek to nice light stalking boots and everything in between.

Very versatile line of boots

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got the Crispi Guide GTX and so far so good. I put a lot of miles on them and cant say there was anything that disappointed me. I used them on a very alpine hunt and they were nice and stable. Time will tell though. I have used Chippewa -40 for years and they are tough as a coffin nail so I am hoping these hold up the same.

·
Registered
857 Posts
How is the sizing on the crispi? I wear a 10.5 wide ASICS shoe... when I tried the lowa renegade I had to go with an 11.5 to get a good fit that wasn’t crazy tight

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
How is the sizing on the crispi? I wear a 10.5 wide ASICS shoe... when I tried the lowa renegade I had to go with an 11.5 to get a good fit that wasn’t crazy tight
Their sizing seems perfect. I wear a standard 10.5, and crispis fit perfect. If I get an all leather crispi, I’ll bump up to 11, because they will shrink little.

That’s part of why I like crispi so much. The fit for me is so good... and they are holding up well.

I have a lot of miles on mine already and they look new if I clean them

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have these boots. They have worked well this year, along with arctic shield boot blankets, to cover all temp ranges. I believe (for me anyways) these are the most comfortable boots of worn. Coming from Lowa boots. My feet don't feel "tired" from all day hunts. I plan on ordering a non insulated version also, to replace my Lowa's. These are also on sale right now for black friday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,657 Posts
I have these boots. They have worked well this year, along with arctic shield boot blankets, to cover all temp ranges. I believe (for me anyways) these are the most comfortable boots of worn. Coming from Lowa boots. My feet don't feel "tired" from all day hunts. I plan on ordering a non insulated version also, to replace my Lowa's. These are also on sale right now for black friday.

Which version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,657 Posts
I had a pair of them. They were a solid boot design but the shape/fit didn't fit my foot. I put about 10 miles on them just walking this summer and I got blisters bad. I am not a guy that gets blisters. I put a few miles on them got the blisters let them heal and then the first time I wore them again I got blisters again right away.

Returned them and picked up some Kennetrek. They are a good boot if they fit your feet.
Which Kenetrek did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I have a pair of Crispi Colorado boots, un insulated. Used them on an elk hunt this fall and put quite a few miles on them. They were comfortable and kept my feet dry.

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
i have the 400 gram scheels crispi west river. Amazing boot, very comfortable but definitely not a cold weather boot. I wear them early season but about it.

·
Registered
11,419 Posts

that has always been my experience with boots, a long day and i can't wait to get them off my feet.... crispis have been great, and i have not had any foot discomfort in them.

a lot of my early season hunting i wear lighter footwear (asolo shivers are my favorite right now) i wear goretex low tops with gaiters, and my feet breath better with that combo. my main reason is i need a soft, thin sole for stalking in. even a light boot like crispi summits are too much boot for a lot of my elk hunting, but if i'm just covering ground with my bugle tube, the crispis rock.

if i'm doing lots of steep vertical i like the crispis, and any hunting i don't plan on stalking all the way into bow range in dry conditions i wear my crispis. never liked a boot this much, and on top of that, they are holding up great, and don't leak at all after a lot of miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts