1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Archery is a Passion...
3,015 Posts
so, did he get the elk with the knife?

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
When I get my deer this season, Schrade Field Staff Member DRTNSHTR has committed to coming over to my house and gutting, skinning, and butchering the deer with his Schrade knife. It will be cool to see a Schrade in action. Been hearing great stuff.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am still bummed over losing my Schrade last year. It was over 10 and probably close to 15 years old. One of the first knives i ever saw with a gut hook. Man i liked that knife.

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bowtech Joe said:
I am still bummed over losing my Schrade last year. It was over 10 and probably close to 15 years old. One of the first knives i ever saw with a gut hook. Man i liked that knife.
Was it like this one?

158OT:

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
Congrats on the elk. Great bull and great eating

Schrade sure does make a quality knife also, I have loved all mine, the fave being the improved muskrat, never been a better small game skinning knife made IMO, dont think they make them anymore, the one I have sure has some age on it. Joel maybe you can help me out, are they available anymore?

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Congrats David...way to take one for the team....:thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations To David

David has done a marvelous job harvesting this great Elk. I will let him donate some elk sausage to me if he wishes.

I am extremely proud of our Field Staff folks. Stay tuned..this thing will grow as time goes on.

Joe

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Josh Michaelis said:
Congrats on the elk. Great bull and great eating

Schrade sure does make a quality knife also, I have loved all mine, the fave being the improved muskrat, never been a better small game skinning knife made IMO, dont think they make them anymore, the one I have sure has some age on it. Joel maybe you can help me out, are they available anymore?
Try this...www.taylorbrandsllc.com

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Wow.... You mentioned the "improved muskrat" version of Schrade knives.
Check this out: This is my daily carry knife.

You guessed it - this is a 1973(?) Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat pocket knife. This was my dad's old knife from when we all used to go camping in the Adirondack Mts in upstate NY way back when. My dad carried this knife every where he went for all these years.

Sadly, in May of 2002, my dad passed away at 80 years old from congestive heart failure. This very same pocket knife was in his pants pocket on that fateful last trip to the hospital. Later that day (once all of us "kids" flew down to stay with our mom and get things taken care of), my mom got the pocket knife and handed it to me and started to cry and said, "he wanted you to have this and continue carrying it just like he did". Man, I am not ashamed to admit it.... I took the pocket knife, put it in my pocket, hugged my mom and, well, I just fell apart. :cry:

This very same knife also goes hunting with me along with a locking blade buck knife that I keep in my pack.

Man, at 45 years old, I still miss my dad! :(

Butch A.

·
Banned
6,826 Posts
ButchA said:
Wow.... You mentioned the "improved muskrat" version of Schrade knives.
Check this out: This is my daily carry knife.

You guessed it - this is a 1973(?) Schrade 787 Improved Muskrat pocket knife. This was my dad's old knife from when we all used to go camping in the Adirondack Mts in upstate NY way back when. My dad carried this knife every where he went for all these years.

Sadly, in May of 2002, my dad passed away at 80 years old from congestive heart failure. This very same pocket knife was in his pants pocket on that fateful last trip to the hospital. Later that day (once all of us "kids" flew down to stay with our mom and get things taken care of), my mom got the pocket knife and handed it to me and started to cry and said, "he wanted you to have this and continue carrying it just like he did". Man, I am not ashamed to admit it.... I took the pocket knife, put it in my pocket, hugged my mom and, well, I just fell apart. :cry:

This very same knife also goes hunting with me along with a locking blade buck knife that I keep in my pack.

Man, at 45 years old, I still miss my dad! :(

Butch A.

Yep mine was my grandfathers, used it as a skinning knife for *****, it never leaves my shop area now, I use it to cut serving, loops, etc....... Im to afraid to lose it if I pack it with me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good Job

Thanks for sharing this with everyone and great job. Hope the rest of the season is as good for the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts