Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here goes.
When Im at full draw, my 20 yrd pin/scope pin is almost covered by the top of the sight window. Taking away from the whole sight picture. Where I anchor is very comfortable for me. Do I need to anchor higher, to be able to lower my scope/sight? To be able to fully see the scope? Or is that not my problem? I have alot of bows. And have been shooting for 30 years. But this has ALWAYS been a problem for me.
HELP.
Mike

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say you need to anchor higher to get the view you want. Or a bow with a taller sight/rest window.:dontknow:

How and where do you anchor now?
I use a 4 finger release. And anchor my middle knuckle on the curve of my jaw bone. If I anchored higher, that would feel so weird to me. Even my old Martin Couger Speed Flite which has a larger sight window, gives me the same problem. But not as bad.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I use a 4 finger release. And anchor my middle knuckle on the curve of my jaw bone. If I anchored higher, that would feel so weird to me. Even my old Martin Couger Speed Flite which has a larger sight window, gives me the same problem. But not as bad.
I use a similar anchor, but the knuckles on my index and middle fingers straddle the corner of my jawbone....a little higher I guess. I have never had the top of the window obscure my view, though, but anchoring that low has always made me feel "scrunched up" at only twenty yards. Like the bow has to be held too low and it makes it harder to get my left shoulder low and tucked in because my bow hand isn't as high as, or higher than, my bow shoulder. I'd probably shoot a little better at 20 if I anchored a little higher, but it puts too many things in a bad place for me. :lol: It feels great on longer shots, though. :D

· Registered
2,171 Posts
ok, here goes.
When Im at full draw, my 20 yrd pin/scope pin is almost covered by the top of the sight window. Taking away from the whole sight picture. Where I anchor is very comfortable for me. Do I need to anchor higher, to be able to lower my scope/sight? To be able to fully see the scope? Or is that not my problem? I have alot of bows. And have been shooting for 30 years. But this has ALWAYS been a problem for me.
HELP.
Mike
You have me confused here;

If your pin crowds the top of the housing remount your housing higher until your 20 pin is more towards the center.

Leave your anchor where it is comfortable.

If you can't see all of your scope, move your peep. When you draw back with your eyes closed and anchor open your eyes and you should see your entire scope. You want to set this for your most desired distance. Indoor is different than field which may be different than your 3D class distance average.

If it crowds the riser sight window try the peep fix above. This should let you bring the scope down.

Confused yet?:confused::confused::confused:

· Registered
565 Posts
If I understand correctly your sight window on the riser is obstructing your pin at short distance.
You say this happens on all your bows.
I think your problem might be down to your anatomy.
Some people have LONG faces.
The distance from the jaw to the eye is long.
Thats why one size wont fit all when fitting a peep.
If your bows have a small sight window you will run into the problem you are talking about.
If this is the problem that you have you might have to modify your peep/anchor position a bit.
Hope this helps
Nightimer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.