Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for my dad.
He needs a new scope that will allow him to see better.
First of all he is lefteye dominant shooting right handed(he cant shoot left handed) This causes him to have to shut his left eye. His vision is not the best(he wears trifocal glasses with no lines in them) When he uses a regular pinsight he gets too much of a halo and cannot see. He likes the idea of a circle on his lens but sometimes cannot even see it on 3d targets. His circle is black and I told him that it may just be that he needs an orange one. His lens is 4x powered. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would definatly replace the black ring with the orange. As for help with the clarity, hopfully someone out there who wears glasses can help. Good luck and God bless.:)

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
Center Punch,
I wear Trifocals and have pretty bad vision. At the present time I am using a Golden Key Futura Gold Scope in 6X. It is doing an excellent job for my poor old eyes.

You might even have your Dad checkout GKF's Power Peep. I don't have one yet, but I hear that they really clear up any brand of scope for us poor people with bad eye sight.

As for the Black ring in your Dad's scope, checkout the following link: http://www.dhawk.com/gunstar.htm maybe there is a reticle that he cwould like to try listed there.

Dick

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there is anyone else out there with some of the same problems please send your solutions to these problems my way.

Thanks

He did put an orange circle on and it helped quite a bit- He won the last shoot

·
Registered
89 Posts
Center Punch,

I think your good ole dad could win 3D shoots even left handed if he tried hard enough :D

How is he doing with that new Solution 3? Is it for sale yet?

Tell him if he wants to try out my Left handed 03 Cybertec to come see me. He knows where I work ;)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he made me put this on here
boy he sure likes to wine alot
he probably has perfect eyesight and is fooling us all

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ole dad came to see me today, didnt want the Cyber tho. Said he was having to much fun whooping you with that old Hoyt :p

He did say that you were shooting real good, just not good enough to beat him :p :D

You know, you may be right. Maybe his eyesite isnt so bad after all ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts