Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to ether a Shybui or Axcel XP sight body ----- not sure which one yet

But Now I'm really having a hard time deciding on which scope
My old scope was the 1 3/4 Hogg father

The SCOPE will be used for 3D-- I'm pretty sure it will be 1 3/4 inch or 41mm ish
There are so many chooses any insight on Scope?????

Axcel -- AV 41 Plus
Shrewed Optima 1 3/4
BowFinger 2020
Possible Ultraview but not sure i like the overall design.

Kind of leaning toward AV41

I would love insight on which one you like a why?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have shibuya sights on 3 of my target bows. I have not had any problems with them at all. I would buy another one to go on my Conquest 4 if I could afford it. The Shibuya sights are very well built and repeatable.

I have an Ultraview 2 scope and I like it.
I also have a Shrewd 29mm mini mag on my field / 3d bow. I like the smaller size of the scope. I think the Ultraview and the Shrewd mini mag are both 29mm.

I have a Shrewd 35mm with a .015 green up pin with a LP light kit that I am not using. Good luck on your decision.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,103 Posts
You won't be disappointed with an Axcel. I own several, Way to many in fact. No, none of them are for sale.

Just remember.... The scope only holds the lens. The lens is what is important. Axcel Docs Choice is what I prefer.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have shibuya sights on 3 of my target bows. I have not had any problems with them at all. I would buy another one to go on my Conquest 4 if I could afford it. The Shibuya sights are very well built and repeatable.

I have an Ultraview 2 scope and I like it.
I also have a Shrewd 29mm mini mag on my field / 3d bow. I like the smaller size of the scope. I think the Ultraview and the Shrewd mini mag are both 29mm.

I have a Shrewd 35mm with a .015 green up pin with a LP light kit that I am not using. Good luck on your decision.
the Ultraview2 is 34mm

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't be disappointed with an Axcel. I own several, Way to many in fact. No, none of them are for sale.

Just remember.... The scope only holds the lens. The lens is what is important. Axcel Docs Choice is what I prefer.
It should work with any lens, i assume.. I have some 1 3/4 brains optics i really like,, will they work ?

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
The shrewd optum with the options they offer is about as good a scope as you will find
Multiple pin options, sun shades, step downs, the lens retainer system and multiple light mounting options as well as great customer service and made in the good ole usa

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so for shrewd , i need the housing, retainer ring for optics, if i use my optics , and a front shade? for a basic build, does that sound right and i guess ill need the rod that does on the bold as well if i go axcel sound right?
just tring to get a shopping list for each?

·
Registered
131 Posts
The largest housing you can get for 3D. Helps from getting lost while aiming at dark targets in the shadows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Shibuya sight and just love it. I tried a Axel scope on it and it kept coming loose, went to the Shrewd Optum and it works great. I also did the larger size for 3D.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This is from the Ultraview scope's web site in reference to lens that fit their scopes: *[Lenses that fit - Axcel 31mm, Shrewd 29mm, CR 1 3/8", 1.3555" & 1.350"]
yes, and if you take that 1.355" (biggest lens they take) and convert to mm you get 34.417mm

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think , it will be a 41mm / 1.75 that is what i use to and i shoot a lot of 3d, i like the bigger picture

so its shrewd or Axcel sight.

Will the Shrewd take 3rd party lens or only their screw in lens?

i own several 1.75 lens if i have to use Shrewd lens it add a 100+ buck to it

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i really like the 20/20 scopes. you get all the great features of scopes like the optum included in the price of the bowfinger

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
I am currently using Axcel Achieve XP scopes and previously used the prior model Ultima. I loved the Ultima and until the XP came out I had no desire for any other.

- Shrewd scopes are excellent.
- My current favorite scope is the Bowfinger 20/20 and they make a 40mm. I use 35's for everything.
- The Optima is excellent but it's weight is something to consider.
- The new Ultima's may handle heavier scopes better than the previous models.

If I had good lenses I'd seriously a scope that would accept them or sell what you have to offset the cost of new. I like the 20/20 pin set up best. If you like a dot with a light the 20/20 has a 5 degree hole so a light can shine on the dot.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am currently using Axcel Achieve XP scopes and previously used the prior model Ultima. I loved the Ultima and until the XP came out I had no desire for any other.

- Shrewd scopes are excellent.
- My current favorite scope is the Bowfinger 20/20 and they make a 40mm. I use 35's for everything.
- The Optima is excellent but it's weight is something to consider.
- The new Ultima's may handle heavier scopes better than the previous models.

If I had good lenses I'd seriously a scope that would accept them or sell what you have to offset the cost of new. I like the 20/20 pin set up best. If you like a dot with a light the 20/20 has a 5 degree hole so a light can shine on the dot.
how heavy is the 20/20,, a lot of parts?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
i've never weighed it. it comes with scope body, lens retainer ring, short shade, long shade. I ran the 40mm on my MGB comp sight and my ultima II with issues. I currenty have thier 30mm and will probably switch to their 35mm for next year.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
I do not know the exact weight difference. The 20/20 is is about as trim as you can make a scope and still have sturdy scope with all the options. You don't have to use the front shade if weight is a big concern. J. Broadwater uses a long shade on both the front and back. You can put the front shade on the back if you like. The pins are about as sturdy and locked down as a pin can be. The base of the pin is stout while the the tip section is very narrow.

What I think separates the 20/20 from others is how the pieces fit within each other and the overall outside diameter which all together make the scope light weight. There is a 45 degree light hole. You can stack the shades in any sequence and as many as you desire. I have two 20/20 35 mm scopes. One has a 4x lens and the other a 6x. It's quick and simple to swap them back and forth. I use a typical set up for 3d with a short or no front shade and a long back shade. I've been meaning to try a setup with a long shade front and back.

·
Registered
Elite Rezult, Kure, and Ritual 35. Black Eagle Arrows, Ham Rests, BowFreaks Archery Mt Vernon MO
1,543 Posts
I do not know the exact weight difference. The 20/20 is is about as trim as you can make a scope and still have sturdy scope with all the options. You don't have to use the front shade if weight is a big concern. J. Broadwater uses a long shade on both the front and back. You can put the front shade on the back if you like. The pins are about as sturdy and locked down as a pin can be. The base of the pin is stout while the the tip section is very narrow.

What I think separates the 20/20 from others is how the pieces fit within each other and the overall outside diameter which all together make the scope light weight. There is a 45 degree light hole. You can stack the shades in any sequence and as many as you desire. I have two 20/20 35 mm scopes. One has a 4x lens and the other a 6x. It's quick and simple to swap them back and forth. I use a typical set up for 3d with a short or no front shade and a long back shade. I've been meaning to try a setup with a long shade front and back.
I second that. I love my 20/20 scope. Had the CR, Extreme, and Viper scopes before that. My 20/20 is by far the best on to setup any way I want by Far.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts