Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What scope set-up are you guys and girls using for Field power ? dot ? circle? up pin ? What ya got ??

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
CR Target housing with a 4X lens...center drilled for a .40 fiber.

I may try a dot this year....may go back to playing with a sticker this year though.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I guess only 3 of the 88 people that have looked at this thread shoot a scope :zip:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm a field novice, but I shot a 6X with a green circle and dot last year. I have a couple true spots this year that I intend to try.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Outdoors, I like to use a 4X lens with two stick-on circles that are nearly the same size. One is yellow and one is black. This means that no mater what the lighting conditions, from full sun to full shade, that one of the circles will be clearly visible. Without this, I always ran into 3-4 targets every round where the circle was hard to see. Because the area outside the circles is still in focus and enlarged, it is easy to look through to the spot and align it.

Indoors, with good lighting, I may use a 6X-3/8 True Spot scope. If the lighting is not good, I stay with the same 4X, two circle setup.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
PHP:
YUP !!....:D

for me.... ultra-clear 2" guard w/ red and green horizontal pin..
you don't care goofy :chortle:

but you need to pay attention so you know what to switch too. :zip:

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
I shoot whatever ONE gives me!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Specialty 1-5/8 Superscope clear housing. Modified up pin from a pin sight with .040 red fiber. 6X Tuff Glass Lens.

Thinking about trying a CR Apex Target Housing with Razorfire up post with .060 Fiber. Using my 6X Specialty Tuff Glass Lens.

Robert

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
You should have a lot to choose from now.....:zip:
Nope, he just got a new mathews and Unit:wink: Slim pickin's for the Hood, But I been known to clean the barn out while packing the van to head home:wink: matter fact, I ain't been known to,,The Hood is known too:darkbeer:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Nope, he just got a new mathews and Unit:wink: Slim pickin's for the Hood, But I been known to clean the barn out while packing the van to head home:wink: matter fact, I ain't been known to,,The Hood is known too:darkbeer:
It's NEVER slim pickin's when your talking about robbing the Barn :wink:

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
PHP:
it is now after last years tree trimming party.... heheheeeee..:zip:
I couldn't see out my back window on the way home....

oh, The scope I took had OBT wrote on it right next to 4x

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
scope

tru spot 6x 3/8 in CR apex housing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts