Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a list or know of any scopes that are machined to properly fit on the shibuya sight blocks?

As far as i know the CR apex target scope is one, as well as the shibuya 29mm scope.

I have the shibuya but it is too small for 3D and the CR apex, i dont really like. Do i have any other options?!?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Shrewd.
The 5/16" horizontal mounting slot lines up with the flats on the 5/16 hex on the end of the scope mounting rod. (wanted to use the CBE scope, but that mounting slot on CBE is vertical, so the scope was horizontal rather than vertical)

·
Kung fu master/Wizard
2,730 Posts
Shrewd.
The 5/16" horizontal mounting slot lines up with the flats on the 5/16 hex on the end of the scope mounting rod. (wanted to use the CBE scope, but that mounting slot on CBE is vertical, so the scope was horizontal rather than vertical)
Good info thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shrewd.
Really? All the shrewds? I was thinking of getting the nomad 42 with a 3x lens, integrated pin and a zbros for indoor 3d coming up.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Really? All the shrewds? I was thinking of getting the nomad 42 with a 3x lens, integrated pin and a zbros for indoor 3d coming up.
I couldn't say whether "all" Shrewds have the 5/16 horizontal slot, but my Nomad 42 does, and it's mounted to a Shibuya CPX. I can't really get a good pic without disassembling it, but it's essentially like this....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't say whether "all" Shrewds have the 5/16 horizontal slot, but my Nomad 42 does, and it's mounted to a Shibuya CPX. I can't really get a good pic, but it's essentially like this....
Awesome info. Where in the f did you find that picture lol I've looked for weeks on more than one occasion to find info on scopes that fit that hex and found nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Awesome info. Where in the f did you find that picture lol I've looked for weeks on more than one occasion to find info on scopes that fit that hex and found nothing.
I modeled it in AutoCad just for this topic... took about 3 minutes. Click the picture... it's an animated gif but it's not moving in inline for some reason.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I modeled it in AutoCad just for this topic... took about 3 minutes. Click the picture... it's an animated gif but it's not moving in inline for some reason.
Oh cool. You should send it to shrewd lol. The gif works on my end. Thanks for putting in the effort.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Upon review, I mis-remembered and it's not a "slot" on the Shrewd, it's a recess that accommodates square or hex... it's the CBE that has a vertical "slot" that does not line up with the hex on the Shibuya.

3990137_side.jpg

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took mine partially apart for pics, but it's still hard to see past the triangular scope rod.
Awesome. Are you using the shorter titanium screw to mount it then?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I don't have any recollection of any titanium components. As best I remember, the scope came with two button head cap screws that appeared to stainless steel and 1 nut. One screw was about 2" long and the other was about 1"... I used the shorter one to attach the scope to the Shibuya scope rod. Here is the screw (and nut) I did not use, and the extra bubbles.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have any recollection of any titanium components. As best I remember, the scope came with two button head cap screws that appeared to stainless steel and 1 nut. One screw was about 2" long and the other was about 1"... I used the shorter one to attach the scope to the Shibuya scope rod. Here is the screw (and nut) I did not use, and the extra bubbles.
I may have mixed it up, the titanium rod may have come with my shibuya scope housing not the sight itself.

·
Midwest is the Best!
5,174 Posts
I used the 35mm Nomad on my old Shibuya...I have a Shrewd Mini Mag now & am waiting for my new CPX to show up. I’ll post pics of the Mini Mag ASAP!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay, so I’m a little new to these fancy sights but I am trying to get into it. I want a Shibuya CPX but this thread has confused me on what scopes will work with it. Will an HHA scope work with this sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I'm not familiar with HHA scopes, but typically any scope will work with any sight (assuming both use the same rod size, which most do). The difference is that some scopes will match up with some scope rod units such that the scope housing cannot rotate independent of the sight (ie the scope can only be vertical and does not rely on the user to adjust it vertical and then lock it down in that position with jamb nut(s). Most often, it's a 5/16" square cut or a 5/16" wide hex cut on the end of the sight windage barrel that slips into a 5/16" slot or 5/16" recess in the scope housing, but barring the presence of the "keyed" 5/16" surfaces, you simply use jamb nuts on the threaded rod to position and lock down the scope. (first option in video below)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sure, just use anything with a threaded rod.
if i wanted to use a threaded rod i wouldnt have asked which ones are machined properly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts