Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still think my buck from 09 will go a little better than 141 3/8 but I'm not really sure. He is 21.5 inches wide and 9 inch g2s and I believe 8 inch g3s and 6.5 inch brow tines. I'm not exactly sure how much his actual score is tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
A really nice buck, trophy anywhere, but I think he will be right at 139" or so due to main beam length, tough to tell from that picture though. His mass may make up for what looks like being a couple inches short on each MB. I'm also guessing 21.5" is outside spread.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
High 120s low 130s

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm seeing a solid 130-135 bout all I can make him

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,122 Posts
127"to 130" IMO

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't see 8 inch G3s or 6 inch brows. Any better pics?
I'm not seeing it either, I read somewhere that a deer ear is somewhere around 7 inches, and in that picture the ear looks a couple inches bigger than the G1. Could be the angle though I guess.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry, it was 6 inches. From the boone and crockett website: "The average buck, with his ears in an alert position, has an ear tip-to-tip spread of 16 inches. His ears will measures six inches from the base to the tip. The circumference of his eye is four inches, and from the center of the eye to the end of his nose should measure about eight inches."

·
Registered
263 Posts
Still a nice buck though, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Scoring a deer is actually very easy and it sounds like you already have several of the measurements….add it up

Mass1,2,3,4
Tine length 1,2,3 and so on
Beam lengths
inside spread

But from this pic I don't see a 140 inch buck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts