Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright a few days ago I was doing a little bit of scouting after a morning hunt, and found this dead buck. It's a pretty massive animal, it's spine was still intact, and I think I found its hide in a field about 500 yards away, so I think it's probably from this year sometime or last year at the most. Anyways I was curious as to how it would score. I also took pics next to another buck I shot a few years ago. The first buck would be scored typical I believe, and the second would be non-typical due to the split brow tine and non-uniformity of the rack. Anyways I would appreciate any input.

1st Buck: 9 point, inside diameter at longest inside distance 16 1/2", longest tine is 9" long, circumference of base is 5 1/4"

2nd Buck: 10 point, inside diameter of 13 3/4", longest tine is 10" long, split brow tine, circumference of base is 5 1/2"

·
Registered
416 Posts
My guess is the 9 point would gross @ about 133...10 point gross @ about 137..Are you going to score them?

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks guys, that's about the range I had thought, they are both pretty nice bucks. I would love to get a chance at something like this with my bow! Maybe I'll fill out this Pope and Young scoresheet and turn it in for the 10 point I shot. I got him with my 22-250, shooting a 60 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip bullet at about 3900 FPS. Heart/Lung shot at about 75 yards and buck went down after running about 100 yards into some thick brush. It was the first 15 minutes of my first hunt of the year in 2005. Pretty lucky, that stuff generally just doesn't happen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts