Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen him before and he has a 20 inch spread. I think he should go 120. I finally got him with the trail cam. Nice thing is he is not the biggest Ive seen in the area. What do you think he will score?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
95-100 tops. good looking deer, probably only 2.5 years old.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Byron I like the way you do that, it must be fairly close. I was wondering what you guys though his age is. 2 1/2 would be great but in my area I would guess 3 1/2 atleast but im not sure. I will be passing on him but my son will not if he has the chance. This is big deep woods and the bucks need to age to get large, no farm crops.

I recently got permission to hunt a 160 acre piece of woods where this buck was photoed. In the past we have been hunting public land (son and I) and its BIG woods, lot of grouse hunters and bear hunters who are hitting the woods now for baiting. Any way the big bucks around here go nocturnal early on public grounds. My point is that this year the odds are in our favor with the private land, we have a few food plots and are seeing some big deer in the area. to say the least we are excited :teeth:

·
World & National Champion
34,002 Posts
I'd say 120 tops....low 110's I'd say. I don't think he's close to a 20" spread though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
60X said:
I'd say 120 tops....low 110's I'd say. I don't think he's close to a 20" spread though.
He is way past his ears, I saw him a mounth or so ago. If you look his ear is in the forward position and his beams go well past the ears. I could be wrong though but atleast 18 inside.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
he's young that is for sure maybe 2 1/2 to 3 year old and probably somewhere in the 120's maybe. he has room to go and looks like he will turn out to be a nice buck if he isn't shot early.
rob k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.