Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
US ARMY
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you consider a good score a ok score and a great score for a 900 round with a hunting setup

·
Lowered expectations
17,096 Posts
Considering the number of keyboard pros here on AT who can apparently consistently hold a 4" group at 60 yards, then a perfect score of 900 out of 900 shouldn't be too uncommon.

:lol:

·
Another day in paradise!
3,711 Posts
ya, it gets pretty ridiculous, i see people on here posting pictures of 2 inch groups at 70 yards......B.S.!!!!!!!!
Not all is B.S.!! There are a few guys who can shoot some amazing groups at extended ranges (70+) and do so pretty consistantly. One I know in particular has never shot in a competetive tournament, simply because he dosen't want to. I think the guys who are so quick to call B.S. are the same ones facing target panic issues or who simply can't do it themselves!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
For freestyle class a score of 870-885 would be good. I shoot in the bow hunter limited (fingers) class and last year I shot a 858 at the MO State Senior games.
Carroll :smile:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Rodney, I think 814 is a good score for you and where you are at right now. Don't get too wrapped up with the score and think more about how you are shooting each shot. Some tweeks here and there and your score will go up, trust me. Tim

·
US ARMY
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks

Tim, thanks for the input. I didnt think it was to bad for a hunting rig but just curious about what others shoot. Not talking about with the target setups just the plain hunting rigs. Chase was very happy about his score he said he enjoyed it even though it was quite long for him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts