Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. i'm just making sure but you score 5 spots all white is 5 and all dark blue is 4.. anything outa the 2 blue rings is 0.. right?? why is there a white lind between the 2 blue rings?? thanks Justin

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Justin,

Yep you have it right. Here is a visual. Keep track of X's they are used for tie breakers. Have fun. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
It is a lot easier to score when you shoot all your arrows into the 5 ring :D. Then just count the 1 or 2 that are out of the X ring and you are on your way :) :D

LeEarl

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thats what i thought but thank you very much for the help.. thats true leearl, and i hope to get that good somday.. it will probably take a long time tho.. thanks for the help.. Justin

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey x-ring, can you put a picture like that up of a Vegas target? Everyone always talks about how to score it, inside out etc, but nothing beats a picture!

·
Registered
94 Posts
x-ring said:
Huntdoc,

Here ya go....this is the score ring breakdown for the Vegas shoot.
Hi x-ring!

You mean the recurve-scoreing? In german indoor competitions compound archers only count the 'X' as 10 rings. The other yellows count 9.
Is there a difference to US-scoreing?
Another diiference: our trispots are in line.

Hermann

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hermann,

The question specifically referred to scoring for the annual "Vegas" competion (held in Las Vegas, Nevada in the US every year). The target faces are 40cm 5-colour/10 ring like FITA faces, but in the Vegas round the "inner 10" ring (the FITA compound 10 ring) is counted as an "X" -- and a 10 at the same time.

This is used for both recurve and compound scoring at Vegas, unlike for FITA rounds where compounds score only the very inner ring as 10, but recurves score the "normal" 10 ring.

You will frequently see Vegas scores qoting the number total plus the "X" count, which is used to decide between numerically tied scores. For example: two shooters both with a numerical score of 600 (60 arrows, all within the "normal" 10 ring) but one has 59 X's (within the compound 10 ring) and the other has 58 X's, the former beats the latter. With FITA scoring these would be scores of 599 and 598, respectively.

If there is still a tie on X count, there's a shoot-off to determine the winner.

Vegas faces have the three spots arranged in a triangle (which I believe is also acceptable under FITA rules) as opposed to the vertically stacked 3-spot faces which are most commonly used here in Europe. The vertical ones are sometimes used in North America too, for FITA at least.

Rob

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
In the US we have 2 rounds and 2 targets with a gold center. Vegas target we all use the recurve outer-ten scoring. This has nothing to do with FITA.

In FITA competitons we use inner-ten (X) scoring since it is an international round and those are the rules in every country for FITA. We almost always use a triangular 3-spot except at World trials we use vertical because that is what they use at the world championships. Though I have heard rumors that we may be going to vertical 3-spots for FITA everywhere soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts