Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
8,821 Posts
I like it the way it is king!! Being able to score 2 deer is basically just running 2 of the same contests. Where's the fun in that?!? The ONE deer score per member in the AS contest is going to keep it different and keep us hunting hard to stay in the AS contest. I know it would me. If I have a bad season and don't score a buck, well then I need to get my butt in gear next season to get back on the list :).

Scoring I would stick with the basic b&c/p&y scoring system but make each entry also post a pic of the score sheet with their buck. Would keep the way over scored bucks in check!

·
I'd rather be hunting!
1,908 Posts
Dang there are some complicated scoring ideas being thrown around. I like it like it is! Thanks for doing this guys because I know it ain't easy!

·
I like big buffs!
4,324 Posts
I like it the way it is king!! Being able to score 2 deer is basically just running 2 of the same contests. Where's the fun in that?!? The ONE deer score per member in the AS contest is going to keep it different and keep us hunting hard to stay in the AS contest. I know it would me. If I have a bad season and don't score a buck, well then I need to get my butt in gear next season to get back on the list :).

Scoring I would stick with the basic b&c/p&y scoring system but make each entry also post a pic of the score sheet with their buck. Would keep the way over scored bucks in check!
The fun is in the fact that most of the participants in the AS contest have EARNED the right to be there. The fun is in the fact that you can expect better participation. The fun is in the fact that the competition will be higher.

It really isn't gonna change my life, but I still think scoring 2 deer will keep it more competitive. Because I can promise there will still be guys who don't kill their 2 deer.

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,433 Posts
Bonus points for clean shots and deductions for bad shots? Something like +/-15 points.
People would then start poking holes in the 12 ring and hiding bad shot holes with their bow IMO.

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,433 Posts
I wanted there to be a all-star contest so that everyone who was a all-star including myself would be guaranteed to be on a competitive team next year.

I have seen many guys that love this contest and are flat out killers get placed on teams that didn't score 500 points and that's a shame and discouraging.

It takes 100 points two years in a row to become a all-star which means 2 does will do it, so IMO it is easier to kill 2 does than it is to kill one 100 inch buck in most areas, so I vote keep the scoring like it is with no changes.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I like the, rules sounds like a blast!!! I think the best part is being on a team with a crew that are serious about it but still know how to have fun!!! thank you for all the effort guys!!!

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,433 Posts

·
Romans 10 vs 9
11,433 Posts
One question, how many all-stars will be on each team?

·
Super Moderator
22,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Since you have an all-star list, you could go ahead and pick teams, almighty one. :77::77::77: :)
We will have to post an All Star contest sign up thread. I imagine not all members who meet the requirements will participate in the All Star contest.

·
Super Moderator
22,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
One question, how many all-stars will be on each team?
That's still up for debate. We are thinking 10 to 15 per team. Thoughts?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.