Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
That's still up for debate. We are thinking 10 to 15 per team. Thoughts?
Might have to wait until you see how many people actually sign up for it and then make that call for yourself. If we get 100 participants then you could do teams of 10 and have 10 teams which is the least number of participants I hope. Personally I think the more hunters on each team the better but you don't want too few of teams either.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
It really depends on the number of teams you want. The all star list Midlife created for this year only has 154 members that made the all stars. If all of these members sign up then you can have 14 teams with 11 hunters. In my opinion, I would like to see about 10-15 teams which should keep the contest interesting.

·
Super Moderator
22,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
It really depends on the number of teams you want. The all star list Midlife created for this year only has 154 members that made the all stars. If all of these members sign up then you can have 14 teams with 11 hunters. In my opinion, I would like to see about 10-15 teams which should keep the contest interesting.
Fewer teams with more competitors on each team would even the odds a bit. Less chance of having smaller teams and out of luck have one hot shot team where all members put down a 140"+ buck and vice versa.

It will be a tough balance...
But exciting.

·
ONEshotONEsoul
4,654 Posts
Fewer teams with more competitors on each team would even the odds a bit. Less chance of having smaller teams and out of luck have one hot shot team where all members put down a 140"+ buck and vice versa.

It will be a tough balance...
But exciting.
Yep I remember talking to Randy or someone about 2-3 teams. It was a good idea. Increases the trash talking and further distances itself from the standard contest. These contests are a ton of work so pretty much anything they dream up is cool with me. I will kill my deer anyway so it's nice to have a place to show it and see everyone else's trophy.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Yep I remember talking to Randy or someone about 2-3 teams. It was a good idea. Increases the trash talking and further distances itself from the standard contest. These contests are a ton of work so pretty much anything they dream up is cool with me. I will kill my deer anyway so it's nice to have a place to show it and see everyone else's trophy.
I agree 100%. Being in two contests this year is going to be awesome to share and talk with others.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.