Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy at the local archery shop was telling me that he liked the scorpion Venom wax on his Winners Choice strings. But he didnt like it when used on a Vapor Trail string. I suppose the different type of material?
Anyone use the Venom wax on their vapor Trail VTX strings?
How do you like it?

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kinda works just need to touch up the liquid often ... The poly paste is much better IMO ....
Well I have the venom in the little can... I assume that is the poly paste?
I have used it on the winners choice and its great!
But want to try it on my vapor trail string on another Ross, and from what I heard it may not "soak" in as well?
I dont know........

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Guy at the local archery shop was telling me that he liked the scorpion Venom wax on his Winners Choice strings. But he didnt like it when used on a Vapor Trail string. I suppose the different type of material?
Anyone use the Venom wax on their vapor Trail VTX strings?
How do you like it?
I have been using it on my VT its the only kinda of wax it has seen.....
I'm very impressed with the stuff...I put a couple coats of the fluid on
first and then follow up with the wax , and I do every bit of the string and cable serving and all...Very good stuff..I highly recommend the fluid , wax
and the cleaner :wink: If you think your string needs cleaning , then use the cleaner with a wash rag...And then let it dry completly...And start the process over again...You won't be disappointed...:darkbeer:

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been using it on my VT its the only kinda of wax it has seen.....
I'm very impressed with the stuff...I put a couple coats of the fluid on
first and then follow up with the wax , and I do every bit of the string and cable serving and all...Very good stuff..I highly recommend the fluid , wax
and the cleaner :wink: If you think your string needs cleaning , then use the cleaner with a wash rag...And then let it dry completly...And start the process over again...You won't be disappointed...:darkbeer:
I have the cleaner fluid and the paste wax.....So I will try that out then on the Vapor trail! Not sure why the guy at the shop didnt really like it on his?
He told me...but I seem to have forgot his reason.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a tip regardless of what wax you use.

Every two months or so (depending on how often you wax the string) take a piece of thin serving material and loop it around the string. Then pull both ends of the serving material along the string.

Old wax and dirt will come to the surface. You would be surprised how much dirty wax is in the string.

Then rewax the string.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.