Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of giving these heads a try in the whitetail woods this fall and was looking for experiences or opinions on how well these heads perform
Thanks
NW

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Two of my friends used them last year. Both guys were pleased and they worked very nice in the field.

Meleagris1 is tipping his arrows with this head as well. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have shot three deer with them, and performance was awesome. That was with 69ft-lbs of KE and a 380 grain arrow. These things really zip through deer, all passthrough and one quartering away shot on a large doe exited the right shoulder blade and still kept going and stuck in a tree. Never any damage and blades were still sharp. I will be using them exclusively this year.

As far as quality, I look at these heads as a higher quality steelhead with 1)sharper, thicker blades,2) a cut on contact tip and 3) that opens easier/faster with o-ring placement at the base of the blades. The steelheads are exceptional broadheads and these are just a step above IMO. I also like the fact I get the 1.25" cut in a 100 grain head, where the steelhead you have to jump up to the 125 grain head to get that. Just my preference there though.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I shot a decent Iowa buck with them last year. They shot accurate, In and out ribs, dropped in sight after a short run, blades stayed intact good. The only negative was the cutting diameter was not nearly as big after the back of the blades cut into the aluminum stopper ring. Good performance overall. I'm moving to the spitfire for the diamonized blade edge and more cut. My bow is strong and penetration has been a non issue.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Going back to NAP

Meleagris1 is tipping his arrows with this head as well.
I just ordered 2 packs based on Mels past recomendations.

I switched from the rocket sidewinder to the steelhead last year, but was unhappy with blade sharpness, and I had difficulty sharpening them myself.

NAP heads i have used in the past seemed to have a sharper edge than the rockets i have used lately.

HUNT SAFE !!! . . . :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
These heads look awesome! Meleagris has been around a while and knows his stuff. If he is using them exclusively they are bad medicine for deer! If I had not decided on the Grim Reaper I would be using them! I may use one ot two anyway to test their performance...I hunt exclusively with the bow from Sept. thru Jan. 12-deer limit in Ga. why not?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I would give them a big thumbs up. I have shot and passed through 9 deer and 1 bear in the last 2 years without any blade failures. Very accurate also!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Good heads, they should work well provided you have around 55 ft/lbs of Ke and a tuned setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts