Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Catty Shack
12,412 Posts
I've shot aluminums out of mine, the snitch lower FOC gave a bit higher POI.

·
SWAMP GANGSTER
3,998 Posts
This year in my Orion 135 I ran 20 inch laserII with 110gr inserts, lumenok capture nocks and a 100gr slick trick magnum. I was getting consistent groupings like this at 60 yards. Have used executioners with grim reapers on my ventilator but planning on setting it up a little different this year.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Shooting the Goldtip laser III sold by scorpyd with grim reapers for xbow out of my Orion 150. Be careful with the Grim Reapers, make sure they are the new style made for Xbow. Don't ask how I know that !!!

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
BEE's ...

·
Arrow Whisperer
11,105 Posts
Just about any arrow will perform fairly well out to about 30-40 yards. When you start shooting 100 you see the real winners emerge

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
22" Black Eagle Executioners shoot well out of my Vent 150.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bringer of truth
14,912 Posts
What arrow combo you guys shooting out of your scorpyds
if you have a 160 or175 i would go with the spynal taps.

I prefer the BEE off a 150 model...... for sure the Ramcats are the best speed head for sure. I Bumped all my heads from 1 3/8" blades up to 1 1/2"blades on the 100 grain head.

I do not see any way to get a better bow/arrow combination then this.....just not possible i.m.o.

·
Bringer of truth
14,912 Posts
"Just about any arrow will perform fairly well out to about 30-40 yards. When you start shooting 100 you see the real winners emerge"

so true.........i watched a guy shoot a Barrnet recruit he bought for his son. His wife never shot and did the same thing. He was shooting to 40 yards with differnt arrows, some i gave him, some he bought at Walmart and punching them rite in there in tennis balls size groups.

I alway chuckle to my self when some one that been around here a while puts up one of those 40 yard target pictures looking for praise on the oustanding attributes of thier bow and shooting ability.

I try to never shoot any less then 60 other then when i first mount the scope and to verify point of aim on occasion and then with broad heads in late August.

·
Arrow Whisperer
11,105 Posts
I have a 175 I'm shooting tapps I like them just curious
The difficult thing is to get a 22 in arrow lighter then around 420ish and maintain consistency and accuracy. If you want a heavy arrow between 420 and 1000 we can do it, no problem at all.

This last year we sent arrows for a 175 vent to Africa they were in the 800 grain range, a tat over 1000 with the heads. The archer took one of the largest if not the largest cape ever taken with a crossbow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spynal Tapps 2013 21" (22"-1" on the nose), Aerovane or Quickspins, 40 gr insert and Ramcats or Exodus 100gr (408 gr total) with my Ventilator 150.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm just going to put the my next arrow build in the hands of the arrow whisperer.
I still replace some vanes on mind, but when it comes time for new arrows I give Jerry a call.

·
Bringer of truth
14,912 Posts
I'm just going to put the my next arrow build in the hands of the arrow whisperer.
good plan.....there is no gain in doing it yourself anymore unless you like to make arrows. I still enjoy fletching my own on occasion during the slow period.

·
Registered
303 Posts
21 inch Spinal Taps from Jerry at South Shore Archery (SSA) with SK360 Flex Fletch vanes , with 92 grain firenock stainless steal insert made for ssa. straight match .0025, firenock q nock. Fly great our of my Scorpyd Orion 160 with acudraw.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts