Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between the snow storms!

Next video I will do a bare shaft test on the Double Tapps. Honestly, the weak side is hardly flexing at all. In fact, coming off the crossbow I could not see any flex.

I changed the stock Scorpyd SDS rubber stoppers with the original curved limbsaver stoppers [had to do some trimming = longer].

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Nice job Very little flex And what i saw looked to be at the rear 1/2 lets say of the shaft. Should be a very accurate arrow.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Nice job,once again. I have a dozen double taps coming with my new ds.
Amazing what little movement there is .
Getting impatient to get the ds.
I think with the 125 grain spitfire max they will be a lethal combo.
Thanks again for the great video!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job Very little flex And what i saw looked to be at the rear 1/2 lets say of the shaft. Should be a very accurate arrow.
Thank you! I really want to test a bare shaft, no doubt the slight offset vanes are imparting some spin which may mitigate any flex, probably not much.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job,once again. I have a dozen double taps coming with my new ds.
Amazing what little movement there is .
Getting impatient to get the ds.
I think with the 125 grain spitfire max they will be a lethal combo.
Thanks again for the great video!
You got it! AND yes, you will be extremely happy with the DS and Jerry's Double Tapps.

If this weather ever starts co-operating, I would like to do some longer range accuracy tests. 'Course you are in The Great White North..no stranger to winter I am sure!

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Thank you! I really want to test a bare shaft, no doubt the slight offset vanes are imparting some spin which may mitigate any flex, probably not much.
What you did more interest me. I only care what a hunting arrow does. I liked the lighted nock as i use lighted nocks :). When i test arrows vanes what ever its as i carry it hunting.

But i wont close my eyes if you test a bare shaft :). Nice work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In between the snow storms!

Next video I will do a bare shaft test on the Double Tapps. Honestly, the weak side is hardly flexing at all. In fact, coming off the crossbow I could not see any flex.

I changed the stock Scorpyd SDS rubber stoppers with the original curved limbsaver stoppers [had to do some trimming = longer].

Nice video! Thanks for all you do, especially in this cold weather. Snow has provided a perfect screen to observe arrow spin, flexing etc. Again, great work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you did more interest me. I only care what a hunting arrow does. I liked the lighted nock as i use lighted nocks :). When i test arrows vanes what ever its as i carry it hunting.

But i wont close my eyes if you test a bare shaft :). Nice work.
Thank you Sir! Haha...yeah, honestly the only way I think I will get any appreciable flex is to install a 175gr field point or heavier...of which I do have...hmnnn.

But as you say, hunting weight arrows with vanes and supreme accuracy is what we are all after...and I think I have found it with these arrows, 'course, the proof will be in the long distance shooting!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice video! Thanks for all you do, especially in this cold weather. Snow has provided a perfect screen to observe arrow spin, flexing etc. Again, great work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thank you Sir!

Yes, the snow is a good background. My limiting factor is the very narrow field of focus that I have to deal with...one think cool is that now I am starting to see the arrow rotate, specifically the vanes against the black target.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thank you Sir!

Yes, the snow is a good background. My limiting factor is the very narrow field of focus that I have to deal with...one think cool is that now I am starting to see the arrow rotate, specifically the vanes against the black target.
dont know if you said how much offset on vanes they seemed too spin alot

·
Stryker Solution 390
580 Posts
Excellent video once again TY. It’s even nicer when you own the crossbow that you are testing with. I have a question.... Back in the day when I used a compound I remember that you were supposed to buy certain spined arrows say either a 300,400,500 depending on your bow, poundage ect.. You didn’t want it to weak or to stiff. I would think that this would translate over into crossbows , but I never hear anything about this. Is it because the arrows are much shorter?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent video once again TY. It’s even nicer when you own the crossbow that you are testing with. I have a question.... Back in the day when I used a compound I remember that you were supposed to buy certain spined arrows say either a 300,400,500 depending on your bow, poundage ect.. You didn’t want it to weak or to stiff. I would think that this would translate over into crossbows , but I never hear anything about this. Is it because the arrows are much shorter?
Good question.....I think that back in the day, finger shooters did not want too stiff of an arrow shaft in fear of the arrow "bouncing" off the riser, etc..

Now with crossbows, I think it is different in regards to shorter length arrows coupled with relatively higher arrow velocities. PLUS, a crossbow is so much more consistent than all but the best vertical archers...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great video, I really liked being able to see what the arrow was doing from when it leaves the bow till it hits the target. I don't know if you have any Black Eagle Executioners, but it would be nice to see what a lighter spined arrow would look like coming out of your bow in slomo.
Thanks again

Bob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts