Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered but not sure where to look so here is the question. ARE the cables and cams the same on all the scorpyd bows and only the limbes different to change the draw weight. Example can you take a Scorpyd with 100lb limbs and swap to 150lb limbs without screwing with anything else. Thanks ahead of time. Aging

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes you can. Vents are the same except for the limbs and they do not say the limbs fit the velocity but they will off the vent. If you have a desire to do so call George at Mainstreet and he will tell you all you need to know.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the reply. I already had a vent but sold it. Became impatience with the scope setup and eye relief and with every question I asked it was that voids the warranty. I had a hard time getting used to the look of them to. I had the vent 150 and I thought it was loud. Was thinking if the scope manufacturers start coming out with real crossbow scopes with short eye relief and I go with a 125 vent I could put the scope problem to rest and the bow would be quieter and more user friendlier all around. There is no mistaking that the scorpyd line is one of a kind. And, yes George is the man to buy the scorpyd from. I bought the first from him and he was very helpful. Scorpyd is an excellent high end bow for sure.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Mike the cams are the same the cables and strings are different lengths on the 3 models. The limbs fit all the bows. The vent can not exceed 150lbs.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike the cams are the same the cables and strings are different lengths on the 3 models. The limbs fit all the bows. The vent can not exceed 150lbs.
Thanks George. Been playing with the idea of a 125 vent. And, I am hoping some short eye relief scopes show up on the market for the coming year. Other than the look, the two problems I had was fitting a scope descently and the noise level and with the 125 I would think that it would be a little quieter than the 150. Like to get the 125 shooting around 350 with a fairly heavy arrow. Even 340 would be ok so that I could shoot a heavier arrow setup. Good speed with a punch would be great.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Mike,I only have a Telson 130 (will have a vent or the new one when they get a crank) But the cheap Nikon scope really works very well,When I get a new one it will have the Nikon on it. Its so simple,gathers light very well, Merry Christmas my friend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts