Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on buying the scorpyd acleus soon, I was wondering if anyone has tried the HHA speed dial system on this bow? results?...I don't like all those extra aiming points/crosshairs

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also like an uncluttered reticle. In low light, HHA may be hard to see to dial adjustments. On the flip side, at last light, shots should be at closer ranges, so there should be fewer adjustments potentially needed.

·
Bolts! Bolts! Bolts!
1,847 Posts
I like HHA's, just not on the Scorpyd. I just can't get the scope low enough for me.

On my Sub-1, I use an HHA coupled with a Nikon P-223 3x32. Works great, but I just wish the reticle was lighted. The Nikon Bolt XR is almost identical to this scope. Plus, with either of these two scopes, you can use the subtentions in a pinch.

Nikon could make a great 3x32 if they just improved the reticle and made it lighted as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ladykiller, "I like HHA's, just not on the Scorpyd. I just can't get the scope low enough for me...."

Do you mean you can't get the scope low enough for your comfort when sighting through the scope, cheek weld, etc.

Or, can you not get the reticle adjusted low enough, e.g., you run our of down elevation clicks. (It's a bit hacky, but you can shim the scope mount to get more down clicks, if needed.)

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I was planning on buying the scorpyd acleus soon, I was wondering if anyone has tried the HHA speed dial system on this bow? results?...I don't like all those extra aiming points/crosshairs
like this.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts