Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one yesterday and all I can say is "you need to try this thing"...

It takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm impressed. This thing is a great new innovation for a release aid. Its not a caliper style release - it uses a small hook instead, and the whole mechanism part is only about 3/4" long.

Anyone else tried one?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir,, its like a regular release (wrist wrap around - hold it in your hand - uses a trigger), but the actual mechanism part is a bit different than regular release.

I'll see if I can post a link or a picture for you.. Its worth checking out!

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
It is a nice release. I picked one up the other day with the NCS strap system. It has a forward positioned trigger 3/16" from the jaws so you don't loose alot of draw length. It is made exclusively for D-loops and it has a hook style jaw for fast hookup in hunting situations. The whole release head is very small making it very light weight, and easy to stick in a glove. The hook has to be reset after every shot but it becomes second nature once you shoot it a few times and is very easy. The NCS strap is a great buckle strap and in my opinion the best buckle strap style on the market. I also have this strap on my Carter Quickie. Not that it means anything but I believe Nathan Brooks uses this release with his hunting set-up. Reminds me a lot of my old jim Dandy with the small release head, only it has less trigger travel and the trigger is even located a little bit closer to the jaws.

·
Banned
910 Posts
ya, the hook works great. TruBall Short & Sweet and Sabre tooth as well as Carter Quickie and Ember are simular designs. Scott not be outdone for long adds more competition to the hook to D-loop release game.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This thing is now my #1 favorite. The head is so small, you can tuck it in underneath the strap itself and it becomes "out of the way" - no dangling around when you arent using it...

·
Registered
19,002 Posts
I bought one and sold it here, just didn't like the feel of it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
So how does it compare to a "Tru Ball S&S" the old standby of loop hook releases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts