Archery Talk Forum banner

Scott Buckle vs Tarantula Buckle Camo

849 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Carphunter
Looking at picking up a Carter 2 shot.

Two of the options for straps are a black Scott buckle strap, and a Tarantula Camo Buckle Strap.

Any big pros or cons behind these things? Any big difference in sizing?

Will be used for hunting. I don't have huge hands (not small either)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Strap

Looking at picking up a Carter 2 shot.

Two of the options for straps are a black Scott buckle strap, and a Tarantula Camo Buckle Strap.

Any big pros or cons behind these things? Any big difference in sizing?

Will be used for hunting. I don't have huge hands (not small either)
I dont know anything about a Tarantula strap, but on both of my Carter Quickies I have a Scott buckle strap, and it is comfortable and I love the easy adjustment to fine tune it to your liking, and once you get it where you want it, it will stay there, till you change it!!

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Scott buckle and tarantula

I have two Quickie I releases- one with the Scott buckle strap and one with the tatantula.
The tarantula is padded and slightly more comfortable but not enough to matter.It's held onto your wrist with a small plastic clasp that seems really marginal in strength. I'm concerned about it- it may get brittle and snap in cold weather.
The Scott buckle is metal and is probably stronger overall. I'll probably use the buckle for hunting and use the tarantula as my backup.
JMHO

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Franken, is either noticably tighter than the other? I don't mean can get tighter, I mean is either designed in such a way that it wouldn't fit a larger hand comfortably? At this point, I think that would be my only concern... I'm probably opting for the Scott, but not sure how well it will fit my hand/wrist... and if it will fit with a glove on later in fall

· Registered
2,037 Posts
I took off the buckle strap on my quickie and ordered the Tarantula after hearing others say how comfortable it was. I got it and its great very comfortable, magnets hold it in place so you can snap the clasp. Im not worrying about clasp getting brittle I have the same type on my motorcyle helmet for over 10 yrs now no problems..

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's been fine... something to get used to... but it seems to work ok. buckle's kinda tight... so a little tough to work with cold fingers... but not really a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.