Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used the Scott IBEX release? Whats your thoughts on them?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I use the Scott Ibex backtension (hinge) release and it's the one for me.
Thanks to the AT classified section, I've tried more releases that I care to remember. The adjustability of the thumb barrel and the different size thumb barrels included is what separates this release from most other hinges. Also the comfort of this release for my large hand is so nice. I've found that if you can adjust the thumb barrel correctly to suit your hand, you never have to worry about a hinge release giving you a fat lip. Once you overcome this fear, a hinge just becomes so natural for overcoming target panic and shot anticipation. I prefer it over the evolution style release or any thumb hand release. IMO, the evolution style is just too inconsistent and the thumb releases are too easily to anticipate the trigger over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigBird1...Thanks for you info! :thumbs_up

Anyone else?

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you are asking about the Ibex Thumb trigger release it is not in production yet. Only a hand full of Pro shooters have this release. I have had 2 on order for 2 years and nothing yet. The few Pros that I am friends with said it is the best thumb trigger that they have shot.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhh, thats why I can't find any info on them. Thanks for the info Tim!

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
i keep in contact with eric griggs at scott archery, and hopefully soon we might be seeing that release available!!!!

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
Very good release and the only Scott thumb trigger worth using. In fairness Carter has many good thumb triggers and the Stan ShootOff is the equal of any of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts