Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little elastic that holds the string hook back has become lost from my Scott Longhorn III. I emailed Scott to see if I can get a replacement. While I'm waiting does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? I was thinking that maybe the elastics that you get from the orthodontist might work.

Without the elastic the opposite end of the the string hook scrapes my neck during release.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Probably the best thing to do is have Scott FedEx you about 100 of the little *******s. I was looking at my Longhorn 3 and wondering about the replacement issues, myself... mine has not broken (yet), but it will.

The strange thing is that Scott provides *THREE* thumb-rests, in various diameters (and that clearly costs them lots of money), and yet zero of the nearly free elastics! :)

I have four release devices now, but I really enjoy the Longhorn 3 that I have.

Actually, it is perfectly obvious that I should call them and ask them to send me about 20 in an envelope via USPS, and just have them in reserve....

I might get a LongHorn 4, too, since the handle just looks too cool for words.

kgk

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, that's another thing I was wondering about. What thumb post people were using? (I like the biggest one.)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ya after about 50 or so shots that little rubber band kept popping off and is a bugger to get back on :mad:

I took a regular small rubber band and set it up the same way but then tied knots on the back end of it and haven't had any problems since ;) Easy fix :cool:

Overall I'm very happy with the Longhorn3. Is definitely one of the nicest triggerless releases I've owned and shot :)

Was using middle size thumb peg but now I'm not using any.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: LONGHORN ELASTIC

Can't do that. The opposite end of the rope hook flips around and scrapes my neck after the string has been released. It doesn't hurt much but it is annoying and leaves a mark.

KCJON said:
i shoot without the rubber band. works fine also use the medium post
jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts