Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good or bad? Im in the market for a new release and im looking at the scott releases with the nylon strap thing.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This is my 2nd year shooting a Scott Little Goose with the NCS strap and buckle strap . You can't go wrong with a Scott . The NCS strap has never moved on me yet . Couldn't guess how many shots I've taken and not 1 single failure . If this one wears out , I'll buy another Scott release ! Just my .02 , probably some others out there just as good , but I like my Scott .

·
Registered
676 Posts
love my rino. 10yrs old and still works great. gonna try the new model soon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used a Scott Mongoose for 6 years...just awesome. Very dependable. If a guy has used one for 10 years can you imagine how many times he has released the string? That speaks for itself.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Great

They are great I shoot 3-D with a Carter and bowhunt with a Scott Mini Goose with leather buckle Strap

It works

Tink

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have been shooting Scott releases , ONLY for over 12 years, they are great.
I still use my first calipher in 3-D.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wildcat

Got a Scott wildcat. It is awesome. The trigger is right up close to the string, so you can shoot your bow with 1/2" longer draw length. Big deal when you have a short DL.

Craig

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok here are the releases im thinking about: little bitty goose RCS, little goose, or mongoose NCS. Any one shoot or use the NCS and RCS releases? If so do they stay in place good, like will they slip length? The reason I want a release like that is so I can tuck it away while using calls or such. Does the regular style swing away?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had a Little Bitty Goose for a day and did not like it at all. It felt too much like the nylon was flexing as I drew back. It just wasn't comfortable for me. My shop let me switch it out for a Little Goose, and I'm very happy with that. I have the buckle one, and I haven't used a better release for hunting.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I have a little Bitty Goose but am thinking of picking up the wildcat because the the trigger is closer to the clamp and should allow a little more draw length. At 26" with a loop I need all I can get. Also thinking of shooting off the string to pickup a bit there also.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Scott

I've been shooting one for 4 yrs and LOVE IT(Little Bitty Goose)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
southern traditions
5,005 Posts
i used a scott for 6yrs never had a problem excellent release.i now own a short and sweet by tru ball, love it .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts