Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Coram Deo
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need feedback on these releases for hunting situations.

1) Silent? No click when shutting?

2) Easy to clip on, clip off?

3) Adjustable for reach?

4) Anything else you can tell me about them.

I have a short draw (26.5") and need to retain as much of that as possible. Shot a Sabertooth several years ago and liked it but I can't remember whether or not it clicked as I was using it more for 3D target shooting and soon switched to a BT for target.

The Short 'n Sweet looks interesting, but I'm wondering if that open head works as well as the dual caliper of the other two. I'd think that it might snag or grab at the D-loop.

· Registered
868 Posts
I use the sabertooth and love it! I have two and I dont notice any click. I went from shooting a tru ball to the sabertooth. IMO I think scott makes a better release.

· Coram Deo
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much response to this thread...

I ordered another Sabertooth. We'll see how it goes.

· Coram Deo
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try a carter Quickie.:wink:
I wish I'd seen that before I ordered the Sabertooth. Oh, well, it's a long time between this season and next- I'll get one later on.

· Registered
154 Posts
Short and Sweet shoots just like your back tension. I like the swept back trigger but if you're looking for a little extra draw length you might like the 90 deg trigger.

· have bow-will travel
3,997 Posts
I have a Loopmaster and a Sabertooth NCS. I like them both. My Loopmaster did operate very slowly when cold. I do not use lube for scent reasons. Sabertooth easier to load but there is a faint click on mine but it is brand new. Sabertooth going in the tree with me, Loopmaster in the bow case. Also have a Cobre mamba R1, This is my #2 realease, goes in the backpack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.