Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always looking for new areas to hunt and found one alot closer to my house than the hour drive to my honey hole!! and later in the year when I get off work and can't boggie down to honey hole cuz of daylight, Im going to try this place!!!
Scouted a new area and believe it will be a nice spot!! Found acorns and walnuts that have been chowed on... a few rubs but what I found as wierd was that what looks like a bedding area or spot has a shurb all torn up from rubbing with a large area of pushed down grass at the base of the shurb?!? I guess thats a good possiblity right?? tearing up a bush while laying down??
Also what do you think would be best time to hunt this area?? there only one way in for me causes its inside a penisula with river around 3 sides of it and some high banks from the river on alot of that!!! bean field right across the fence, but also right where I walk in....
Just wondering how I should handle this area?? There are some big'em around the area!!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Sounds like an evening spot to me!

I've got a few spots that can only be approached AM or PM, depending on the setup.

I'v got a really nice spot on state land (closest to my home) but it can only be hunted in the AM, I have to sneak in close to there bedding area before they arrive. The deer move SE to NW in the PM to there food source, and back in the AM. With our prevailing winds W to NW, I have to catch them on the way back. Still haven't found a PM spot close to home!:confused3:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

See I was thinking a good AM place when they feed alittle before bedding down?!?!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My thoughts were that you will bump them on the way in if their feeding in or near the bean field. In the PM you can slip in while they bed, and catch them on the way out.

Of course the wind will be the ultimate determining factor.

You could always try it in the AM, it it doesn't work out, you could rest them and try again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts