Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow i'm going out to find my tree stand site. the area i'm hunting only allows you to set one stand. i have other areas to hunt but none allow you to leave your stand overnight. i've been pre-scouting the area for several months. such as road scouting, studying aerial photos, and topo maps. its's a military area so they just allowed hunters on the property to scout and such. i've seen many large bucks on this land and i know their present patterns very well. the one thing i need help with is finding the direction of the prevailing winds for the time i will be hunting. does anybody know of a good source of info on the computer or any other means of finding this out? i don't have much time and i want to leave the area alone for a couple weeks, please help..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
supposedly theres a way to find out certain trends for certain times of year based on history somewhere. im talking about pattern for each time of year or most common wind directions from say oct.1 to oct.31

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Go toWeather.com ,punch in area code then hit 10 day and then hourly for wind direction. Works good for me.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Another good one is http://www.accuweather.com you enter your zip code and can get hourly, daily and/or weekly forecasts including wind details. I used it last year and it was very accurate.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Jim

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really appreciate the help , but i think i,m being misunderstood. i thought i remembered reading, somewhere that i cant remember , about a source to find wind patterns that are specific for certain time periods during the year. like.. if you wanted to see what the wind will typically be doing in a particular area at any time of year... i beleive it showed you a map with a bunch of arrows indicating wind directions on the map down to a specific area.. i can only set one stand in my hunting area so i want it to be a stand that i will be able to hunt from more often than not... when the wind isnt blowing the right direction i can just carry in another stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts