Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wouldnt this make more sense? The rain would eliminate your scent and the noise would some what cover up the noise of limb trimming. Do any of you scout during the rain?

·
DefiantShooter
10,946 Posts
Oregon Late Season!

I hunt the late season in Oregon....You're going to be in the rain! I like it, covers scent and movement! The deer don't mind if it's a lite-rain!

·
Registered
645 Posts
It can work great as long as you know where you are going put stands. It can be a little hard to read sign in the rain though. Hard to see some runs, scrapes, and rubs. They are all still there just a lot harder to see. Another negative is the safety of climbing wet trees.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
dynatec15 said:
wouldnt this make more sense? The rain would eliminate your scent and the noise would some what cover up the noise of limb trimming. Do any of you scout during the rain?

I pray for rain when im scxouting or trimming etc etc. However i hate hunting in the rain with the bow anyway. Gun isnt so bad but the bow has too much "stuff" to get wet and rusty,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love a light rain !!

I actually like being out there during a light rain, for the same reasons several others have already said.

If it is not pouring extremely hard with thunder and lightning. I wont hesitate to head to the woods.

Like rudy said.. it is harder to read sign when it is raining, and I try to avoid climbing myself.

But the sign is still there if your looking for it and I can scout a lot of ground in the rain. Great time to explore and check on food sources like acorn crops, etc..

·
Registered
655 Posts
I too, do most of my scouting in the rain. And 90% of my bow kills have been during a lite rain.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
njshadowwalker said:
I pray for rain when im scxouting or trimming etc etc. However i hate hunting in the rain with the bow anyway. Gun isnt so bad but the bow has too much "stuff" to get wet and rusty,

LOL. I usually keep my bow under my tree umbrella more than my body

·
Registered
5 Posts
spooky in the rain

Hey DynaTec15,

Don't you think its just a little scary coming out of the tall KS grass at night if there's a light rain? It helps to have a stout piece of rattleskin backed osage in your hand.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha I thought that was you when I saw KBOY5X5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts