Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out checking the angelina national forest today in east texas with my dad and found someones garden of pot about 150 plants. We marked the location on my gps and reported it to the forrest ranger station. Man it is pretty scary finding something like that, my dad had a buddy in California that was shot by pot growers on his own property a few years back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, scary! I've always said I'm more worried about running into some crazy backwoods drug pusher than anything nature throws at me. That is why I would like to be able to carry my sidearm for protection while bow hunting, but Missouri thinks I would use it to hunt with instead.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This is opening a can of worms, I know... but ... legalize? :zip:

And no, I don't smoke pot.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Wow, scary! I've always said I'm more worried about running into some crazy backwoods drug pusher than anything nature throws at me. That is why I would like to be able to carry my sidearm for protection while bow hunting, but Missouri thinks I would use it to hunt with instead.
Agree, same problem in IL.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Now that was a great find. At this time of year they were probably pretty tall. Someone just lost a BUNCH of money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my only question is do the deer seem to be eating off the plot o pot. It may be a great spot to hang a stand. Smoke a buck then a joint!!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
my only question is do the deer seem to be eating off the plot o pot. It may be a great spot to hang a stand. Smoke a buck then a joint!!!
So if you sprinkle down some Doritos and Mountain Dew, is that baiting?

·
hunt or be hunted
3,953 Posts
shoulda torched em to the ground atleast you reported them thou .
people dont wanna earn an honest living so they resort to that stuff
but if thare wasnt such a demand for pot you wouldnt have all these joes out plantin in areas they dont belong . this is why i wanna pack heat at all times just a little piece of mind when i run into those pot growers

·
Registered
14,612 Posts
what was that GPS again:pimp2:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Now I am going to have to cut the damn forest ranger in, btw how are my buds looking:smoke:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Well maybe that was someone food plot now you ruined someone deer season:)

·
Alaska hunter
675 Posts
probably not the wisest thing in the world letting the grower know who busted him. The internet's an open book ;) Glad u turned it in... keep safe.

·
Banned
9,743 Posts
Yup. Big problem here in Arizona. Always hearing of plots being discovered in hidden parts of the forest. And those protecting the marijuana plots will use any means to protect it.

Heres a recent find:

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2009/sep/15/cops_destroy_marijuana_plants_worth_543_million/
Same here in California...years back 4 DFG officers got into a shootout with some pot growers on public land...the end result was some dead pot growers...but one DFG officer was fatally wounded, and another was shot in the leg.

I hope I never walk into anything like that....if I do I am walking out fast.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Same here in California...years back 4 DFG officers got into a shootout with some pot growers on public land...the end result was some dead pot growers...but one DFG officer was fatally wounded, and another was shot in the leg.

I hope I never walk into anything like that....if I do I am walking out fast.
Good reason to keep an arrow knocked

·
Registered
346 Posts
you didnt have to go tell the park ranger, he already knew cause that crop was his... he is a reefer ranger now LoL.....you should of had you a little sample to even see if was wild or a crop :eek:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts