Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I wear ecco boots if it's not too wet, muck boots if it's sloppy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
x2 for Merrells.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I broke an ankle a number of years ago and have bone spurs where it healed, so no hiking boots. I've been using sneakers for many years. I grew up in the Poconos and hiked nd backpacked athe AT in sneakers for more miles than I can remember. Now I'm in Utah and hike and backpack the Uintas. If you think the Poconos have rocky trails! We got you beat!
That said, I loved my Pivettas prior to breaking my ankle. Sadly, they don't make Pivettas anymore.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i also use tennis shoes.....I do have a pair of Cabelas hiking boots...they are really stiff at first but when they get broken in they are pretty comfy. The price is right also...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Under Armour H.A.W. Was going to get Muck but they fit all sorts of weird on me. The H.A.W is one of the most comfortable pair of boots/shoes/sandals/anything that I have ever worn.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, I just threw a boot out there and didn't read your description. If you have never worn any Under Armour boots I would at least tell you to try a few pair on. They don't have the name recognition (in the footwear world) that some companies have but are pretty good products.

The Valsetz was super comfy and I have heard the Speed Freak was a great boot too...

Don't want to seem like I am repping them or anything, I just enjoy their products. They fit well, hold up well, and have good comfort.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Merrell X3

·
Registered
361 Posts
Five Fingers are cool but there are a few things that need to be stated when recomending them.
#1 when using minimalist footwear (this means any minimalist not just Five Fingers) you need to work up to strenuous activity. These types of shoes demand a lot from you tendons and ligaments and can actually be benefical to them, BUT only by starting slowly and working up to high activity levels.
#2 If you have oddly shaped toes, ie: second toe is longer than the big toe, forget about them. Funny shaped feet are a no go for the toe seperating shoes!!
And IMO. minimalist footwear wouldn't be a great choice for scouting. They lack the ankle support needed for rocky terrain and the tread depth needed to navigate a slick muddy hillside!
Vibram five fingers ftw!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I remember reading a bunch of bad reviews on the merrells when I was looking at boots last year. Really liked the asolos but I found a killer deal on the vasque breeze and have been very comfortable boot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts