Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went scouting the other day and found what looks like a big scrape with deer poop near it. Is it too early for it to be a scrape?? What do you guys think?

·
Emily's DAD
4,450 Posts
possibility a community scrapes, they use these year around... put a camera on it. Is it around dense cover?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ehh, it's near a funnel, oak trees(white and red), bout 200 yards from where I think there bedding, and like 20 yards in the woods witch borders a big grassland prairie sorta thing.

·
Back down to ground level
15,987 Posts
I put a camera on a big one(4'X6') last year about this time. Got same 2 doe, 2 days in a row, standing in it. And bucks walking past it at least 10 yards away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it's worth hunting over? I'm gona hunt that area because of a few trails and the oaks anyways.

·
Emily's DAD
4,450 Posts
Do you think it's worth hunting over? I'm gona hunt that area because of a few trails and the oaks anyways.
I would stay on trails "down wind" of the scrape... Don't push into the thick cover/bedding areas.

·
Back down to ground level
15,987 Posts
There were nice bucks in the area even though they didn't work it. It stopped getting worked, but rubs and scrapes popped up within 50 yards of it, later, as the rut started. I set up 20yds downwind of it on opening day, and had a nice buck pass through the woods 50yds behind me. They quickly turned nocturnal. Check for trails going through the thickest areas within 100 yards of it. That's where I would be if I find another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts