Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out real quick to swap out the cards in my Stealth Cams and walkin in on the trails I found 2 scrapes already being worked with a few rubs near the scrapes pretty close to my cameras.

Anyone else finding these scrapes already???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, I was out pulling some film and scouting this evening and I found a well defined scrape line with about 10 heavily worked scapes and multiple nice rubs.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Ky

One of my hunting buddies here in KY said he found a big one this week too. We've been seeing alot of bucks on the farm and all of them are out of velvet now except one. Kinda early for scrapes but we've found them early before.
Heck we found a HUGE rub back in August on one of the local farms so I guess it's possible to find numerous scrapes now.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Remember boys....and girls.....

the earliest rutting sign, scrapes and rubs are made by the older bucks in the area.
Three days ago I saw a natural ,new scrape pop up. They have been hitttting my mock scrape for some time now.
Good Luck to all
Good Huntin'
Joe lorenti

·
Registered
372 Posts
seeing them down here near savannah ga. found a huge rub yesterday on a masive cedar tree.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have been seeing them for 2 weeks now, and it is where i have been hunting a monster buck for 3 years, so im really hoping its him!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I checked cameras this weekend too, and walked the property and found no scrapes. I did find some rubs and so here in Arkansas they are begining to show signs. I made two mock scrapes and placed a camera between the closest rub and the scrapes. Looking forward to going back next wekend to remove the cameras, refresh the scrapes and set up the location for my climber. Season opens Oct. 1, and I will clear out after next weekend to let things settle down.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Same here in MN, I have been seeing scrapes for about 2 weeks now and as of yesterday they are still being used. Rubs are just showing up also. Bucks here are just loosing velvet in my area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts