Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some gall, who in their proper mind wouldn’t let this buck pass, to grow into something respectable? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Well now....what we got here, fella's, is a.....

......genuine, 170-class, B&C-qualifying 8-point! :eek:

I imagine most of you guys realize that B&C-class typical 8-points are as rare as hen's teeth, right?

Stanley, what's the full story on that buck?

Did you shoot him?

Bow or gun-kill??

What did he actually score (gross or net)??

·
Registered
215 Posts
YEAH! ICKY ol IOWA! UGH!

There is only ONE WAY I WOULD EVER HUNT IOWA FOR DEER!

If invited! :angel:

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
BowhunterNJ said:
I use those bases for toothpicks! :D
Also looks like at least a 9 pointer, no...split off the left main beam is over 1".
Matt.....shut up.......LMAO.....you chit yourself if he came in..... hahahaha :tongue: :wink:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Jerry/NJ said:
Matt.....shut up.......LMAO.....you chit yourself if he came in..... hahahaha :tongue: :wink:
LOL I'd probably jump out of my treestand and onto his back with an arrow in hand to make sure my arrow got there! :D

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
BowhunterNJ said:
LOL I'd probably jump out of my treestand and onto his back with an arrow in hand to make sure my arrow got there! :D
You're a bad man if you can do that! :D

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
TexasGuy said:

I imagine most of you guys realize that B&C-class typical 8-points are as rare as hen's teeth, right?

Did you shoot him?

Bow or gun-kill??

Think this one would make it? This deer was poached in Western NY and I think it's now hanging in one of the DEC field offices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Stanley,
Good thing you culled that Iowa deer out. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
TexasGuy said:

Did you shoot him?

Bow or gun-kill??

Big deer for sure, but I'm not sure it will net over 170. Who knows, pictures are deceiving. Could net 140, could net 175. Anyone know for sure what the story is on this great buck?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The story as I heard it.

I only wish I would have taken that deer. The story goes like this: the buck was found dead by some shot gun hunters during the December 2004 season, actually by the guy that is holding the buck. The guy took the head home, and used a deer tag from one of the hunters in their party. Party hunting is legal in Iowa, so they thought every thing was proper. DNR got wind of the buck, and how the hunters found it. Mostly because of the size of the rack, and the notoriety it received. In Iowa, you can’t move a deer until it’s tagged period. The DNR confiscated the rack because of the technicality and are going to auction it off. That hunter lost a chunk of change, lesson learned. I don’t know what the value of a Booner 8 point would be, but I would imagine a pretty penny or two. The buck was found with in 3 miles from where I live!! I never did hear an official score; I'll dig around and if I find out a score I'll post it. Some guys have all the luck, well for a little while anyway.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Very nice looking deer, the only way we get them that size in NE is if we hand feed them behind private fences. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Huh?

If it was poached. then why is this dope sitting there with his bow, posing like it's his trophy? POSER!!!

Damn Mathews guys will do ANYTHING to make themselves feel better!!! :eek: :D

-ZA206

tackscall said:
Think this one would make it? This deer was poached in Western NY and I think it's now hanging in one of the DEC field offices.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
za206 said:
If it was poached. then why is this dope sitting there with his bow, posing like it's his trophy? POSER!!!

Damn Mathews guys will do ANYTHING to make themselves feel better!!! :eek: :D

-ZA206

ROFLMAO! :D

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I'm not positive but the story as I heard it is that it was the second buck the kid took during archery (allowed one in NY) and someone blew him in. My friend did the mount for the DEC at cost. I think the guy in the picture is with the DEC, not the "hunter/poacher"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts