Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shooting my 2009 bowtech admiral, 42#, 26.5" draw length, out to 50 yards with blackhawk buckhunter 4000 arrows, reflective wraps, flexfletch ffp400, blackhawk insert, and 100gr tips. Unfortunately the arrow drop at the end of the shot is bad :( Im open to suggestions for arrow shaft and point combination to flatten out my shot, before spending alot of money for arrows that wont fit the bill. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
368 Posts
try beman ics 400 I spend alot of money on arrow from acc to carbon impact carbon express easton axis gold tip victory ,,,,, it seem that beman work best for me ;;;;;;; also I shot a 8 point at 53 yards and the arrow blue rt threw it and I only shoot 62 lb on my katera

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,523 Posts
You are shooting a stiff and very heavy arrow for a 26.5" draw and 42 lbs.

You don't need the most expensive arrows...............

You need a weaker spined and lighter arrow cut at about 25.5 - 25.75".
Examples of good arrows that won't break the bank are Easton Epic and ST Excel 500's, Gold Tip 35/55 XT Hunters........... there are many more. Go with a lighter vane like a 3" (maybe smaller, blazers(?)) instead of a 4" and there's no reason for a wrap. A real small vane is possible if you aren't shooting broadheads.

There will be plenty of folks that will disagree with me but I'm not off the wall on my suggestions.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Your arrow is to heavy and to stiff for your bow, now that I'm older, I shoot a lighter bow then I use to, I hunt with a 52# to 53# bow, I shoot Gt Ultralight pro 500s with 100gr Buzzcut's for a arrow weight of 305gr and get pass through on every deer I shoot, you don't need all that weight, and when I hunt Elk with these bows, I use GT XT hunter 35/55 with the same 100gr Buzzcut, for a total arrow weight of 325gr, and still get pass through,these lighter arrows is all that is needed, it's shot placement that kills, good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts