Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time to use wraps. Is there any secret or special trick to it? Or do you just put them on a flat surface and roll the arrow over them?

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
befus said:
First time to use wraps. Is there any secret or special trick to it? Or do you just put them on a flat surface and roll the arrow over them?
you got it....lay flat and roll them on.....it isnt that hard to do

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I found that using a mousepad seems to work the best. The wrap does not move or slide and the sponginess of the mousepad flattens the it out just perfectly.

·
registered
1,028 Posts
cubdriver

I also use the computer pad but used to find trouble getting the strip on the pad with out having it stick to my finger or something else. I now use a lead pencil and found that it doesn't stick to the pencil lead, so that I can use that to slip it into position, getting it parallel to the edge of the pad so that I can get it placed squarely on the arrow.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
The last time I wrapped shafts, I used plain white with a white nock. I noticed that when I put the nocks on, there is a slight space between the nock and the wraps, looks like a pencil line of black. If you very slightly overlap the end of the shaft, that line is eliminated.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I use an ironing board, works like the mousepad trick, but supports the whole arrow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts