Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was just wondering the best way (your preferred method) to secure your strands under the end loop serving. I mostly do tag end serving and am new to endloop serving. I’ll apply about 100# of tension to the jig and start the serving. I’m using 008” spectra wrapped pretty damn tightly. The problem I’m having is, after my ends are served and I transfer over to my stretcher and put 350# on it my strands are slipping through. So I was just curious how some of you guys out there avoid this? Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
I serve the loops while it's on the 4 post. Only tension there, is the tension it was wrapped with. Apply 100# and twist, then stretch at 350#.
Haven't had any problem.

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
I like to whip stitch the tag ends 5-6 wraps after finishing the loop serving. That way they are wrapped around the bundle and can't just pull straight through. It also acts as another "step down" from the loop serving to make a smooth transition when finishing the end serving.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to whip stitch the tag ends 5-6 wraps after finishing the loop serving. That way they are wrapped around the bundle and can't just pull straight through. It also acts as another "step down" from the loop serving to make a smooth transition when finishing the end serving.
Whip stitching. So are you wrapping the tag ends around the entire bundle or through half the bundle and then just tying it off? I’m gonna try that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I serve the loops while it's on the 4 post. Only tension there, is the tension it was wrapped with. Apply 100# and twist, then stretch at 350#.
Haven't had any problem.
That’s the same I do. I’m serving them on my 4 post. I’ll pull on my post with my stretcher at about 100#.
So you’re serving with no tension? Are you tying off the tag ends or just laying them flat? Thanks.

·
Registered
20,670 Posts
Whip stitching. So are you wrapping the tag ends around the entire bundle or through half the bundle and then just tying it off? I’m gonna try that.

Going over the whole bundle. Basically finishing it like I would do my back wraps on a length of serving. It actually makes a nice transition because you can pull tightly and compress the string bundle. Just don't pull the tag end back hard enough that the wraps you laid down bunch up onto themselves. Pull it snug so the last 2 wraps stay tight and then cut it off flush.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
That’s the same I do. I’m serving them on my 4 post. I’ll pull on my post with my stretcher at about 100#.
So you’re serving with no tension? Are you tying off the tag ends or just laying them flat? Thanks.

No tension for me on loops.
I tie the tags to the buttons on the post, serve the loops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts