Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start this off by saying I'm 23 yrs old and have near perfect vision. I do not wear contact lens or glasses. Since I have switched to my hha 1 pin sight I have been seeing double and blurry pins.. Can someone please help me

·
XX78 User
4,942 Posts
Are you shooting with both eyes open?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could but I shoot right handed and im left eye dominant

·
Registered
626 Posts
Let me start this off by saying I'm 23 yrs old and have near perfect vision. I do not wear contact lens or glasses. Since I have switched to my hha 1 pin sight I have been seeing double and blurry pins.. Can someone please help me
  1. What is the size of the pin?
  2. Do you have an HHA site with the ability to cover the fiber to dim the pin brightness?
  3. Do you focus your eyes on the pin or target when you shoot?
  4. Are you going back and forth trying to focus on both pin and target during your shot cycle?
  5. Did you change your peep?
  6. Is your pin size larger/smaller than your previous pins before switching to the HHA sight?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. What is the size of the pin?
  2. Do you have an HHA site with the ability to cover the fiber to dim the pin brightness?
  3. Do you focus your eyes on the pin or target when you shoot?
  4. Are you going back and forth trying to focus on both pin and target during your shot cycle?
  5. Did you change your peep?
  6. Is your pin size larger/smaller than your previous pins before switching to the HHA sight?
.19 if I'm not mistaken yes it does normally pin but last time I shot I was trying to change to see if I could correct the problem peep has stayed the same and I want to say the same as my last sight but not positive on that one

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Might sound dumb, but you might be in need of a Verifier by Specialty Archery. To give it try just try wearing a pair of reading glasses, maybe +1.25 or +1.50. See if it helps. You might also try a smaller peep. I'm a bit older at 67, but had to go to a single pin because my Hogitt with four pin was just a rainbow. I still have the same problem you're experiencing and am going to try just what I suggested with the reading glasses. My problem is that I'm seeing what I think is three pins, all blurry. PITA. I've got a couple Verifier lenses (#7), but I think they are too strong so I'm experimenting with the reading glasses idea.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If you focus on the target, which you should, the pin will be blurry and vice versa. Your eyes can only focus on one image at a time. When I got out of the Marine Corps. and started getting serious with archery this was a huge problem and took a while to convince myself to focus on the target as the Marine Corps. teaches you to shoot while focusing on the front sight pin of your rifle versus the target. Trust me, with a bow focus on the target and center your pin. Your eyes should never leave the target! If they do, LET DOWN, thats the hard part.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Might sound dumb, but you might be in need of a Verifier by Specialty Archery. To give it try just try wearing a pair of reading glasses, maybe +1.25 or +1.50. See if it helps. You might also try a smaller peep. I'm a bit older at 67, but had to go to a single pin because my Hogitt with four pin was just a rainbow. I still have the same problem you're experiencing and am going to try just what I suggested with the reading glasses. My problem is that I'm seeing what I think is three pins, all blurry. PITA. I've got a couple Verifier lenses (#7), but I think they are too strong so I'm experimenting with the reading glasses idea.
This! I have the same problem buddy, I went down to .10 pins and a 10inch bar with a 1/8th inch verifier, as you age your verifier power will change.
Best recomendation I can give is go to a pro shop who carries specialty verifier verifiers and expirament with all of them, BE PICKY! Best of luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts