Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a new sight on my bow last season and have had a problem viewing my pins. I never had this problem when I had my old sight (which did not have as bright of pins as my new sight)

My new sight is a truglo micro bright 3 pin sight

The Problem... when I draw back and look through my peep and view my pins I see the three pins clearly but, I see 3 small streaks that lead off slightly to the left of the actually pins and at the end of the streaks I see 3 more pins (which are also left of my true pins)

This occurs when I am in normal light (cloudy conditions), sunny conditions, as well as when I turn on the light which lights up the pins in low light conditions.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Is this a problem with my sight? The Peep? or possible with my contact lenses?

Is there a fix for this? A different peep? Etc...

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
FWIW, when I wear my transition eyeglasses (i.e. bi-focal's) I get streaking of the fibre pin image, and a double pin image. My optometrist (also an archer) said a pair of single-vision lenses would prevent that, and he was right. I do think it has something to do with your contact lenses. Talk to your optometrist about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A verifier can clear up your pins but it also blurs the target a little. I thought it was the answer for me until I realized sometimes when the sun is shinning on the peep and you are looking into a dark area or shadows you can not see the target for love nor money. I ended up going with a single pin slider HHA sight with a built in rheostat so you can dim the light to the fiber. Some times I still see two pins but I just have to use the right one. Also if I focus long enough the two pins will come together as one. If you talk to ten people you will get ten different answers be cause every ones eyes are different. Trial and error can determine what is best for you.

·
32,800 Posts
If your right handed and right eye dominate, then shut your left eye and the extra pins will go away. I also have that problem when my glasses slip down on my nose, I then see the double image. I am wearing a strap now that keeps the glasses up. The main thing is to close the left eye and the right eye will see only the correct pins......

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
The Verifiers come in different strengths. You will need to go to a shop and decide. I held up a sight in my left hand while I held different strength lenses up to my right eye until I found one that left both pins and target clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.