Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up and maybe I’m wrong but this is becoming a recurring theme when you state your looking to buy something…. Sounds a little fishy to me. “Cill” demands payment with F&F and won’t text or take a phone call. Buyer beware. This is the second time in a couple days those same crew has tried this.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i was lookin for a recurve and guess what they had just what i was looking for. Same deal, they will Only work through a gmail account. Don't deal with any of them.

Reactions: Pyme

·
Rattle Yer Head!
1,303 Posts

Nice long, ONGOING thread at the top of this page.

Reactions: LRArchery and JeffB

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had something similar to this happen. It seems to happen frequently on mods for some reason. Put up a WTB ad for some mods and I got a similar response.

·
Slinging Arrows
1,352 Posts
It's always the same response "I have a friend who can help you out." Buyer Beware!!!!

Reactions: Pyme

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have had this happen twice in the last few months and almost to the “T” the exact same wording as yours. I reported both times and they got banned both times, guarantee the same individuals, all we can do is use our better judgment.

·
I like elk!
18,771 Posts
I have had this happen twice in the last few months and almost to the “T” the exact same wording as yours. I reported both times and they got banned both times, guarantee the same individuals, all we can do is use our better judgment.
Please report to a mod so dave323 will be banned from the forum.
That’s the point...it doesn’t make any difference whatsoever, if you report or not.

There’s no way to stop the scammers from coming right back, and doing the same exact thing over and over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts