Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Ten Point Turbo GT - Ten Point Nitro X
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does it seem so hard to sell a complete bow vs parting it out. Ok the obvious folks have their own sights and arrow rest etc. Still some folks want to buy a complete bow set up and ready to go. I guess for me its having the time and patience to part one out and sell one piece at a time. Im thinking about selling a 2013 hoyt spyder 34 65lb 27-29in draw. I got mods for 27 and 28, currently set up and tuned for 27in draw and shes all black. Got a QAD on it hha 5519ds sight with 2nd and 3rd axis adj and infinite adj. bracket to. It has 5ft. of .029 fiber not .019 as it came with I bought a different sight head and sold the .019 one. Got a tight spot quiver 5 arrow and a new set of twisted x strings on it. It also has the off set quiver bracket to make it easier to reach the dial. Lastly got a 8inch hoyt pro stabilizer on it. As mentioned shes all black with blk and silver strings. So what should I asked for her complete vs whats all the separate parts worth. Sorry for the long thread you can pm me if you like. Thank you to those who read and respond. P.s. ive shot 5 different fixed heads from it and it shoots them all with field tips. Currently shooting 4 blade wac ems and exadus swept.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,273 Posts
I will never buy a package deal........but I buy used bows all the time. The chances of you finding the right person that wants your exact sight, bow, arrows etc is going to hurt your numbers of buyers. Plus you are asking them to pay for things they might not need or want.

I just sell my bows and use the accessories on the next one I buy. Do you not like your accessories?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I agree with Deadquiet. I pass on bow packages because the accessories are a hard sale to try and recover your money from. Unless they are high end accessories.

Best to figure out what your accessories are worth (AT Pricing) and after that set a price on your bow.

Every shooter has their own flavor of parts and accessories they are brand loyal too.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I usually sell ( some times give them away) them to friends of mine friends of my sons and they get everything, including SKB case and some arrows for a great price.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like all my accessories they are top items. Some folks my not want a dial sight but they sell fast from what I've seen. Mine doesn't have any rusty screws either. I did sell a carbon Hoyt with arrow rest and stabilizer once. I kept my sight and quiver. He wanted a bow with arrow rest and "dialed in" for broadheads.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I've only sold one bow loaded and set up, and that was because I answered a WTB/WTT and that's how the deal worked out.

Accessories don't seem to depreciate in value like bows, so you will always get more for them if you sell them separately.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Back Yard Champion
28,957 Posts
I've only sold my bows. My present Sure Loc sight frames are 2003 and 2005 models. Two of my Specialty peeps are probably that old. My 30" Cartel was bought in 2003. I sold my Sure Loc Supreme for more than I paid for it.

Anything you part out is maybe a 50% recovery, even the bow.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
No bow packaged for me

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,874 Posts
No bow package for me either. Actually, I wouldn't keep any of the accessories on your bow. They just aren't what I use.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
Part it out. Most of the time no one wants your accessories and you will get raped on the price. The only people that want bow packages are newbs, or people with a small budget that cannot afford accessories and they know the cheapest way to get everything at once is to buy a package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I agree and understand what you all are saying. Its kinda the way I figured it would be. Like I said it would be nice to move it all in one shot. That takes just the right person but I don't total agree that it has to be a newbe. All of my accessories are some of the most popular and reliable as well. That's why I chose them to begin with. I think its more of an issue with most guys sell their bow. Then they put their old parts on a new or used bow. But there are guys on here that can buy things in a package deal. Then sell all the stuff separate and make them selves some money. I don't have the time or patience for that. But if you are one of "those guys" send me a p.m.

·
Mark
5,431 Posts
Price it with and without accessories.

I sold 2013 Spyder ( aluminum riser) 60 lbs with Ripcord on it, no other accessories for $550 on Craigslist. This was in 2015.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts